“A hidden surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Beaumont, Texas
“A hidden surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

This was our first time staying at this Courtyard. The three nights before we had stayed at a Marriott hotel. The Courtyard was every bit as quiet and comfortable as the hotel. The rooms were large, clean, and very attractive. The air conditioner was excellent. This was just a stop over on our drive home, but I would not hesitate staying here again.
The hotel is only 9 miles from the French Quarter. If you have a vehicle, like we did, there is lots of public parking in the French Quarter. The short drive can save you a couple of hundred dollars a night instead of a room in the Quarter.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RaeesHarrisMarriott, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you for the great feedback about your recent stay. I am pleased that our hotel was able to accommodate you successfully . It is also nice to read that you enjoyed our new fully renovated hotel rooms . We often hear that we have a good, central location that's not far from the attractions of downtown and the French Quarter. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

The hotel looks brand new and very modern. This was my first time staying here. I had reservations and my check in was quick. I was told the hotel was full but you could not tell. My room was very quiet and spacious.
I ate dinner at the hotel bar/restaurant. The servers were busy with some large dinner group but they were hustling and I did not have to wait very long. I had a roast beef sandwich and a small bowel of chili. Both were excellent. They had a good selection of beer. I really like being able to eat at the hotel if I do not feel like getting back in my car after I get there. I look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor and had a nice view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RaeesHarrisMarriott, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with our newly renovated rooms as well as the service of our team here at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie. The attention you have shown us with your lovely comment is truly appreciated and your insight helps us to continue to provide exceptional service. Thank you kindly for the time you've given to share your valued thoughts and we look forwarding to having you here again soon.
Wichita Falls, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Reading several earlier posts, it sounds like I may have received a room that hasn't been renovated. The lobby was updated, but my room and bathroom needed help. It is conveniently located off I-10, with shopping and restaurants close by. I had no problem with the staff, and overall my stay was good. Go visit the Gumbo stop, just a few blocks away, a must if you are in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Courtyard New Orleans Metairie ! We are thrilled you chose our property to accommodate you for your stay in New Orleans and we'd love to have you come back! All 153 of our rooms are now 100% fully renovated and complete, along with our pool and garden area in our courtyard. We hope that you will come back and enjoy our new hotel that we are so excited about. See you soon and safe travels and thanks again for the review!
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

In "the big easy" few things are as easy as this hotel. With free parking, free wi-fi, refrigerators in the rooms, crisp renovations, and comfortable beds, this hotel is a big easy "Yes". Easy to find, convenient to major intersections and the airport, minutes from downtown and the Quarter…skip the high parking fees and enormous room fees….rest in a safe quiet and clean hotel. There is a mini Starbucks downstairs that I swear charged us too little for all we ordered, and Paul Mitchell products in the bathroom…Great rates, friendly travelers and staff, and the aforementioned all make this an easy choice in a busy city.

Room Tip: This hotel is located behind the Galleria, and down the block from the Residence Inn, and the Sherat...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank crzymnd
I was elated to read of your recent experience here at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie . As your delight and satisfaction are our mission, it was our pleasure to help make your New Orleans visit memorable. I kindly thank you for your thoughtful recognition of my team , our newly renovated hotel and for your time in writing this wonderful review. We truly value your insight and highly look forward to providing you with another memorable stay soon.
Waterloo, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

We just stayed here for a night recently on a trip to New Orleans. We only stayed one night as we wanted to be downtown, but this hotel was nice. Newly renovated rooms. Clean. Quiet. Walking distance to Chef Rons. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michelle D, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you so much for the positive review! We are so happy you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms and the great, consistent, customer service of the Courtyard New Orleans Metairie. We look forward to having you back!
Trabuco Canyon, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I was nicely surprised by the hotel, how spacious the room was, the pleasant courtyard adjacent to the pool & Jacuzzi and the workspace area off the lobby. The computers and printers area available for use, the large flat screen tv has comfortable seating around it with lots of natural light. There is also a café with breakfast and then dinner options if you don't want to go out. Although the food is priced at the hotel level, I felt the accommodation was a very good value. Make sure you know how to get here. Galleria dead ends and you have to turn at the "T". It was very dark when I arrived so I got a bit turned around. Try to eat at Ron's Gumbo Stop on Causeway while you're here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Anonymous855
Thank you for the favorable review! We are very proud of our newly renovated rooms and beautiful, relaxing outdoor public spaces. We are so enthused you enjoyed all the hotel amenities we have to offer. We look forward to hosting you next time you’re in Metairie.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Lobby and breakfast area very nicely decorated and clean. The pool was emptied due to the improvements being made. Staff is friendly and rooms are quite spacious. Renovations are occurring by section each week but should be done soon. Location is great too, as it is just off Hwy 10 which takes you right to the city.

Room Tip: We were given the handicap accessible room as that was the only one available when we checked in ear...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank whereswaldonow
Thank you for the review! The renovation is completely done and we would love to have you back to show off everything in working order to make your stay perfect.