“location perfect. The church was next door. spacey rooms...”
Review of Days Inn Monroe

Days Inn Monroe
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This hotel was in a good location for shopping at the Mall and restaurants in the area. It was reasonable rates. The rooms were clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was average size. Bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
LaQuinta D, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thanks for taking out the time to complete our survey. We are more than happy to hear you enjoyed yourself at the hotel. We strive in making our guests feel comfortable and at home when staying here at Days Inn. Hopefully, we will see you again. Once again thanks for taking out the time to complete the survey. We value every and all opinions we can get from our guests. Thanks

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Reviewed 23 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I had no idea I would have to add the item 'Check to make sure the toilet is attached to the floor' to my list of things to check in a hotel room when I check in. You would think the toilet rocking around moving back and forth would be the worst thing - but the worst thing was when I went to the front desk, told the person working there the toilet was moving around - and she said 'Did it move out into the bedroom?' I was a little shocked. I thought maybe I misunderstood, so I tried to clarify by telling her the toilet was loose - I could pick it up and bring it to the office. She responded 'I'd like to see that'. The combination of poor maintenance and an insolent staff person at the desk made this facility stand out as the worst we've been in for awhile. The person in the morning when we checked out was pleasant and said they would contact Orbitz about a partial refund - but it's been over a week and that hasn't happened.

Room Tip: Rooms at an entirely different hotel are the best!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mike d
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I didn't want to stay here...
Then I walked in and was greeted by a bright smile and friendly personality. I'm sure I got on her nerves with all my questions and negative demeanor, but she just kept on smiling, answering my questions, checking me in... she even answered the phone with so much professionalism and genuine kindness that my bad mood faded away completely...I was definitely impressed
Until I got to my room

Housekeepers definitely need to be retrained, the room was average looking and half cleaned. Nice king bed though, comfortable, good wi-fi, and basic cable. Had to go back down to see the Desk Clerk for towels... NOT ONE TOWEL IN THE ROOM! As I expected, Misha (I asked her name that time) had a smile on her face, apologized for my inconvenience, and brought me a set of towels.

As a frequent traveler, I know that good front desk representation can make or break the atmosphere of a hotel. I also know that my stay would have been ruined if I had a clerk who didn't understand the concept of great customer service. So thank you Misha and Days Inn Monroe, my entire attitude about the hotel and my stay was changed because of your wonderful front desk representation!

• Stayed: September 2013