“SMELLY”

Courtyard Monroe Airport
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice now. the first time was in winter and the second was in August. Perhaps it was the humidity, but the room smelled musty. Also the fitness center is just a large closet and the pool is not inviting because guests walking in the front door can see you. who wants to do aerobics with everyone looking in?

The room is a good size but the air conditioning which i had to have on to try to eliminate the smell was fairly loud. The breakfast bar is probably the nicest feature. The front desk staff are very nice as well. this is a property that needs updating.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kjbrown777
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Monroe Airport

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

This was our second visit to this location & we were pleased again with the immaculate facilities & friendly staff. Only recommendation is the Bistro staff needs organizational skills; they seemed disjointed and had difficulties with large groups of customers. Food was tasty but expensive.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank SJBBeachme
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I booked this hotel based on the good reviews, however when I arrived tonight I am shocked at the poor condition of the rooms. I don't usually do this, but I hope that management will see this and rehab these rooms. First of all, the front desk attendants are nice and helpful. We are in a king suite with adjoining room also. The carpet is so filthy that I won't walk barefoot on it. Both rooms smell like mildew and old building smell. This is not a usual Marriott good property. If it wasn't late, I would move next door to the Towne Place suites. Sorry to be so negative, but you need to know the truth.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Mary K
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Little nervous when I saw how close to the interstate this was but it turned out to be fine. Newly renovated lobby and very clean room. The staff was great, especially at the front desk. We checked in late, so we didn't use the pool, but it looked nice.

Lots of dinner options, as the hotel is located next to a mall, with many surrounding restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RoadWarrior0219
Jessica L, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Monroe Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Dear RoadWarrior0219,

Thank you for taking the time to review of the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. We appreciate the great comments about our renovated lobby and front desk staff.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Monroe.

Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed three nights, Rooms were nice and beds very comfortable. My job requires travel and this was the best hotel bed I have ever slept in. I recommend bringing an extra blanket, I always do. The comforter was very thin.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Goofy24

Dear Goofy24,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your room, and I am so happy to hear that we have the best hotel bed that you've ever slept in!

I hope to see you again on your next trip to Monroe!

Reviewed 3 May 2013

I stayed here just for 1 night for a business trip. The rooms were very spacious and very clean. The staff was very friendly and the lobby was very modern with a Starbucks in the lobby which is very convenient.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sokolovsky

Dear maconballer,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe during your recent visit to Monroe. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return to our hotel on your next trip to Monroe!

Reviewed 26 April 2013

The hotel is not horrible it has had remodel work done and they done a decent job.The lady running the bar/rest at night was great good attitude and service oriented.But two of the front desk people were some of the weakest I have encountered.Had melted ice cream in there refrigerator for sale and wanted to argue about it being melted (really stupid) to argue with customer over such a thing. Didnt seem to be able to answer any question.Workout area was pretty weak even for a Courtyard I expect better need to fix broken equipment and modernize!

Room Tip: Ask to be away from any weddings/tour groups they have checked in to hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank onlymyview
Jessica L, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Monroe Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Dear onlymyview,

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as it should have been. If you would like to contact me at 318-388-0034 or by email at jessical@intermtn.biz to let me know more about your stay, I would be more than happy to talk with you.
I want each and every one of our guests to have a wonderful experience with us, and I would love for you to give the Courtyard another chance in the future.

Jessica Lutiker