“Good Hotel”

Residence Inn Monroe
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed 28 September 2012

It is older than some that I have stayed in, but I thought it was a decent hotel. I travel quite a bit for work and stayed for a week recently at this location. The management staff were just okay, but I was really impressed with the maid service. April was the lady who took care of my room most days. She was incredibily kind and thoughtful. I have never had any one show true customer service like she did during my stay. I liked the over sized suite I was given. The full kitchen is nice also when you are staying for more than a night or two. They do serve a hot, decent breakfast. They also serve dinner, but I ate other places for dinner, so not sure what the quality was like. The only bad thing with this hotel was the train. The hotel is directly across from railroad tracks and active trains. The room would shake and then you would hear what sounds like a tornado. I got used to it and it didn't keep me awake at night, but if you are a light sleeper, this could be an issue. Overall, I really liked the hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

Our unit was very nice and provided a nice rest from our road trip. Close to several restaraunts and a large mall. The evening socials weren't on the same level as the obe in Austin. Overall a very nice place to stop on a long trip.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Stayed at this motel/hotel in early August, 2012. The room had a musky smell, not nearly enough towels, for a longer stay location. "Tried: to get in the pool and hottub/sauna. When walking around the pool, we could visibly see floating hair and other undesirable floating items.... The hottub/sauna had only 1 jet which worked out of 5, the water was cold, not hot and again, floating icky stuff. I guess I would have to say that if there is someone in charge of the pool/hottub area, they are definitely NOT doing their job. It was disgusting..... The room was decent, however, we reserved a 2 queen room and got only a room with 1 bed. The pull-out sofa had mattress was barely better than a thin camping mattress. Overall, this location was disappointing and not up to what I would expect from a Residence Inn chain. Too bad, had possibilities, but nobody making the effort. I would not recommend staying here, especially considering it isn't a cheap stay either. Look further and stay someplace else.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Sarah H, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear DebUSA,
I would like to apologize for your experience at Residence Inn Monroe, LA. This is not a typical guest experience at our hotel. We have addressed your issues with the departments responsible for maintaining these areas and are working on improving. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback so we can prevent any others guests from having this same experience. I hope that the next time you are in Monroe, you would consider giving us another chance.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

I was In town for a dog show at the Civic Center. Very convenient for the show and dining. The first suite we were in was NOISY! Room 319. It was on the road and RR Track side. There is a train every 2 hours or so all night long! The room was clean as far as everything but cob webs on the ceilings, and the sofa had holes in it. Plus one of the windows in the living area had spider/s living inside it! (double panes) I complained to the front desk about the train noise and they moved us the next morning to a room on the mall side of the hotel. Much quieter! Also much cleaner! The 2nd room was in much better shape all around. Everyone that worked at this hotel was very polite. They had a great breakfast which we took advantage of every morning. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the side by the Mall are quieter. There is a train every 2 hours or so and the rooms o...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Place is in desperate need of a face lift. The 1st room we were given was filthy! The sheets had not been changed & there were nail clippings on the floor. The ONLY saving grace was the desk clerk, Donald. He is a gem and tried his very best to fix our accomodations. This is not the Residence Inn we have come to expect. Dirty carpets, falling down shower curtains, and a bathroom fan that sounds like a helicopter in our room! Drive past this one!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the outside are called "Train" rooms. Noise from the tracks is awful!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Karen A,
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. On behalf of our staff, I would like to apologize for your experience. We have discussed your issues with the appropriate departments and are working to correct them so that other guests will not have the same experience. If you are in town again, I hope that you would consider giving us another chance.

Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

Working in Monroe and have been staying here since February. Hotel and rooms are clean and I have no complaints. Pecanland Mall and a variety of good eating places are literally within a minutes drive. All of the staff are friendly and helpful but I will call 3 of them out in particular as ambassadors for this hotel. Allyson, Bobbi and Beba. Thankyou for making my stay a good one.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Based on like chain hotel. Very disappointing Residence Inn...usually these are pretty nice places to stay. However, the carpet in the 'living area' of the suite around the kitchen area was pulled, ripping and really dirty. The bed was really uncomfortable. And, it was really noisy all night.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. I am sorry your expectations were not met. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity if you are in our area again.
Sales Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
TownePlace Suites Monroe
Hampton Inn & Suites Monroe
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#7 of 15 in Monroe
Courtyard Monroe Airport
Best Western Airport Inn
Home2 Suites by Hilton West Monroe

Been to Residence Inn Monroe? Share your experiences!