“So convenient, so comfortable”

Residence Inn Monroe
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Monroe
Huffman, Texas, United States
“So convenient, so comfortable”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I had to book a reservation at the last minute for a funeral I was attending in Monroe, and this appeared close to the airport. With a rental car, I was there in less than five minutes taking backroads with no traffic. And I found I could go most any place I wanted to in Monroe in less than 10 minutes. I had a two bedroom suite, and it was more than comfortable. I felt right at home. Very clean. I was only there from around 6 pm one evening to 11 am the next morning, but I found this place was so convenient to anything you might need (clothing store, liquor store, some mighty good pizza, etc.) It's sitting on the same block as a nice mall. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. They told me that dinner and breakfast would be served, and I must admit I skipped those for eating out, so I can't comment on the quality of the food. By the way...the weather was warm and muggy, but the AC kept things very comfortable. I loved the pillows and the bed was comforting. I couldn't offer much more praise for a chain hotel.

Room Tip: I thought the two bedroom suites were a bargain. Even though I was traveling solo, it gave me room...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

I live here in Monroe but a friend was in from out of town so she booked two nights here and we turned it into a good old fashioned pajama party! Breakfast attendant was so attentive (I think her name was Bena or Beba? Blonde haired lady with long braids, very sweet). Lots of breakfast choices. Very good. Room was nice and comfortable. The only thing I don't like about the design of the hotel was to access the hotel lobby you have to go outside. It's not a great distance but when weathers bad it isn't fun. And it was cold and raining during our stay. Overall, A very small thing and a personal preference. Hotels convenient to many restaurants and the mall and I20. Good location.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
El Dorado, Arkansas
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My husband and I went down to Monroe, LA on a Friday nite to attend an event at the Civic Center but before I could go to the event I got very sick with the stomach bug. I was up all nite sick at my stomach. At 12 pm checkout time, I was still very sick and could not ride 1 1/2 hours home to El Dorado, AR. I was originally staying Friday nite only at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott but they had already booked the room I was staying in for Saturday nite. The staff at the TownePlace Suites helped my husband find an available room at the Residence Inn, which was only a short distance down from the TownePlace. The Residence Inn staff had the room ready quickly so that I could be transported from one hotel to the other without delay. The room was nice, clean, very comfortable and made me feel alot better. On Sunday, I was feeling better and could make the trip home, several of the staff inquired about me which made us feel like we were not just a guest because they had not even seen or met me and they were asking about my well being. Even though it was not the best weekend healthwise, the staff and accomodations made it better to be sick away from home. I would highly recommend either of these hotels to stay when in Monroe, LA.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Great stay. Property is clean and well maintained. Rooms are very clean. The kitchen was very nice & the queen size bed was comfortable. Great suite!! Two tv's. One in living room and one in adjoining bedroom!! Very pleased!! Will stay again!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Fulshear, Texas
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this property when I took an unexpected trip across northern Louisiana. I booked the room from my phone just hours before my arrival. I found it a little pricey for what it was but not too bad.

The room was a one bedroom suite with a pullout sofa. The bedding was nice and comfortable. Bathroom was clean and well supply. All in all I have no complaints about the room cleanliness or comfort.

The service was very good and very accommodating.

If I have any complaint, it's that my room was on the backside of the property. It was along the train tracks. The noise from the trains all night long was annoying.

So if staying at this property I would suggest trying to obtain a room away from the railroad tracks.

But if I was in the area again most likely I would come back to this property.

• Stayed March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights on business and have to say, this was not the best experience. The staff is really nice, but they have their hands full making customers happy in a dated hotel. The hallways and rooms smell of age. My sink was clogged. The caulking around the tub was old and moldy. The wall paper was peeling off. The wi-fi was inconsistent. The gym is small but decent although they could use a full set of dumbbells, for some reason they have random sets up to only 30 pounds. But, despite all this, it was relatively clean thanks to the hard working staff. In need of major updates here to stay true to the Marriott name.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Typically when in Monroe I stay at either the Hampton Inn or the TownPlace Suites. TownPlace was not available for this week long stay; therefore, I stayed at the Residence Inn because I wanted to do my own meals. I was working from 5am until 7pm. The staff was excellent. There breakfast area opened at 6am; however, I was leaving before that. Each morning as I got coffee the hostess was setting up the breakfast area and asked if I wanted anything to take with me. Never did; however, the gesture and greeting was appreciated. Never made it back in time for the reception in the evening. My studio was comfortable roomy and I could work from the desk and watch TV (a pet peeve of mine). The kitchenette had a full sized refridgerator and I prepared my meals each night. Overall a great experience that met my needs.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business