“Excellent Staff”

Residence Inn Monroe
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My daughter, 2 grandchildren and I spent 12 days at this Residence Inn and I was very impressed by the staff. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating and I have to give special praise to April, one of the housekeeping staff. The room was clean and breakfast was fresh every day. The kids enjoyed the pool almost every day. One the other side, while the location of the hotel was convenient to shopping, restaurants, attractions, etc., it was located next to railroad tracks where trains came thru quite often and about 2 miles from the Airport and planes took off all day. The sofa bed was not used for sleeping as the mattress was about 3" thick. I will say that the staff makes up for most of these "cons" and I would definitely return to this Residence Inn.

Room Tip: If noise from planes or trains would bother you, ask for a room away from the Millhaven Road side.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Very, very friendly/helpful staff. Great location.
I gave it a four because of the noise of other guests all night long,(there were groups of sports teams there) and the pull out couch bed, which was so thin, I hesitate to call it a mattress, let alone use it for the stains...would I stay there again?, yes!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I very disappointed with this Marriott. Upon checking into our hotel room there was a 2 night plus $160.00 hold put on my bank card. Then our room was not cleaned once we left for the day once we returned we noticed that the maid had only removed our used towels. When we asked about cleaning our room we informed that they remove used towels first then clean rooms. My family and I had to make our own beds and take the trash out. On our last night coming into the hotel we were rudely told to stop talking out in the parking lot due to the other residents trying to sleep.a so called non manager named Bob came to our room shortly after this to tell us someone had reported our room for noise. When actually it was the non manger Bob that actually reported us to himself. My family and I were then told we would be put out of the hotel for one more complaint.Please don't stay at this hotel so you want experience the harassment my family and I felt.

• Stayed: March 2014
Trey L, Manager at Residence Inn Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

All I can attest to was that this guest was upset because my night clerk was doing his job. He was trying to ensure that the rest of the hotel was was not being disturbed by the noise of this group. It is our policy to warn a guest and if the noise persists we will have to ask them to leave. This guest did tell me that I would get a terrible review but nothing else was mentioned about her stay other than her encounter with my night clerk when I spoke to her.

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

This place appears to be like any other Residence Inn but it is not! We are Marriott Platinum Members, our profile clearly states 'prefers quiet room', and while driving cross country for our recent move we made our reservations by calling the members reservation phone number since we didn't know how far we would drive each day. Upon checking in, we were given an upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite-this might have been an upgrade in size but was the filthiest room I have ever encountered at a Marriott Brand. We were so tired from driving and when we complained were told it was the only room available within the 3 Marriott brands. Eventually the room would be comped but that doesn't mean I'll give it a good review, I tell the truth for the traveling public. First, the noise level at this place cannot be cured as it is right beside the train tracks! I didn't know this until I turned the AC Unit on, and the compressor was as loud as a V-22 which I thought would be a major problem until I stood there adjusting the fan and felt like I was getting light headed and dizzy, I literally grabbed my husband to stop myself from falling. The train was going by at that exact moment and rattled the place so much you felt it! So the extra loud ac unit fell to the bottom of our complaint list. The carpets in our room were so dirty that once I found out there was nothing else available, I used the extra towels from 2nd bathroom to put on floor and one for the floor of bathtub. My husband slept in his clothes including his shoes! There are cracks in all the thresholds to which I would say comes from the train, the property at first glance appears to be well maintained but upon a good look in daylight is clearly rigged to look good and to stay together.

Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank DonnaPAlbuquerque
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Our two room suite was great for a girls' getaway. Hotel is near the railroad track and we could hear the trains but they did not bother us. Close to local restaurants and shopping. Easy on and off I20. Very nice staff and a full breakfast in morning.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This place had the worse service ever. The night clerk was very, very, very rude. I will never stay at this particular marriott ever nor will I recommend it. Also the general manager did not complete a thorough investigation nor did he get back to me timely. I actually had to call him greater than 7 days after the incident occurred. He stated he forgot to call me back. He closed the investigation without awaiting and receiving a viable piece of information. The other two marriott properties in the area are so much better.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank TravelingWoman0901
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The rooms are fine in this hotel. However, the location is very difficult to find and the worst part was that groups/families/gangs (complete with motorcycles and gang colors had taken over the pool, the bbq area and most of the parking lot, making a lot of noise and the "management" never said a word to them -- must be a fairly normal event. No where to eat nearby also. RUDE people! I will certainly never go back!

Room Tip: Away from the pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family