“Great place to stay”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Monroe
Atlanta, GA
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 19 May 2009

I stayed at the Hampton Inn of Monroe, LA off of I-20 in March 2009. I was traveling from Atlanta to Dallas, but I got tired and decided to stop and look for a hotel. This was my first experience at a Hampton Inn. The staff provided great service and was very friendly. When I walked into the room the lighting was warm. The room was very clean and the amenities they provided were decent. The breakfast was also pretty good for a hotel.

• Stayed March 2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 May 2009

I recently had a 3 night stay here for a conference. The room was clean and staff was very friendly. I travel to Monroe, LA often and this is one of the better hotels in the area. The location is great and have nice amenities.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
yippohippo
Reviewed 21 April 2009

I stayed at the Hampton Inn of Monroe for 3 nights in April. Even though it is an exterior corridor hotel, I found the rooms to be very quiet and comfortable (they are like new rooms). The breakfast is great. Staff very friendly and caring. Love the amenities in the room.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
camarillo, ca
Reviewed 3 December 2007

The room was very clean and nice. We had no problems at all. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our plane arrived at 8 am, so we thought we'd take a chance and see if we could check in early. They had a room available for us and even offered us breakfast when we arrived.

The motel is off of a busy highway and accross from a Coca Cola plant. So, you will hear traffic and worst of all...semi trucks from the Coca Cola plant. We put the air on to drown out the noise. The area isn't the best, but we didn't feel like we were in any danger. We had friends that stayed more in the West Monroe area...off of exit 114 at the Fairfield Inn. For some reason, that side of town smelled terrible. They said that there is a paper plant there; maybe that's why it smelled so bad. However, there are tons of restaurants off of that exit and lots of other motels. So, other than the smell, I would probably suggest staying around there.

All in all, not a bad experience. We were there for a friends wedding. We probably won't ever be back in Monroe again.

• Liked — Room was clean/decorated nicely
  • Disliked — location/noise
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank camarillomom
Houston
Reviewed 17 September 2006

The staff was friendly and the room OK but the area was a problem. The candy machine had been broken into and I worried all night about my car. The rooms only rate an OK... looks like an old Holiday Inn that was converted.

• Stayed August 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank RedSpyder

Travellers are raving about these Monroe hotels

Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 14 August 2006

I stay in this hotel once every few months. The thing is, there just aren't many good place to stay in Monroe. I've stayed at the Residence Inn before and it was OK. However, The Hampton is usually $75 a night and I get triple points for being a Diamond member. Rooms are outside, but generally clean. The area is kind of rough with now where to eat, but its near the interstate with quick access to eateries. It's not great, but not bad enough to keep me away (I'm actually staying there this week).

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank pkp