Motel 6 Monroe
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Monroe)
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I stayed at this motel (the room entrances open to the parking lot, not the halls) for one night on business. The beds were decent and the room was reasonably clean. However, I felt very unsafe here. I immediately got a bad vibe when I pulled up and noticed the condemned buildings next door. The woman at the front desk, while very pleasant, made sure to tell me to park as close to my room door as possible and that security would not arrive until 11pm. At about 8pm someone knocked on my door. I looked through the peep hole to see the girl from the front desk, so I opened the door. She then stepped aside and a man in plain clothes with no nametag walked into my room. I questioned him and only then did he explain that he was maintenance and needed to check the hotel wireless router that was located in my room. There was no phone call prior to their arrival and they did not ask permission to come into my room. As a single female traveler I felt very uncomfortable and unsafe. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. When the people in my meeting the next morning heard where I stayed they said, "Honey, do not ever stay there again. If we'd know we would have come and picked you up!".

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank fgkdkhdfj
A TripAdvisor Member
Park Hill, Oklahoma, USA
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We were very happy with our stay at LaQuinta Inn. The staff was very nice and also helpful. Everything was clean and wonderfully inviting! Location was great! Very close to mall and where we needed to be!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Anytime you find your self heading East bound on interstate 20 through West Monroe do stop in at the La Quinta and be greeted by Carla who works at the front desk and has a great smile, she will make you feel right at home. All the staff are Great, rooms are clean and the price is right.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Hotel was clean and very reasonably priced. It's easy access to/ from I-20. When I travel for work, I like to be able to take my dog, and La Quinta is very accommodating in that regard.
My room didn't have a fridge or microwave, which surprised me. Guess I should have checked.
The location is not within walking distance to anything at all, so be prepared to drive for meals. However, as mentioned, its close proximity to the highway is quite convenient.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Used a travel coupon to get a good rate. Had stayed at an excellent La Quinta in Sherman, TX the night before and assumed that this La Quinta would be similar. This was a La Quinta with an individual entrance from outside each room.

During the evening an unknown woman came knocking on the door asking for help. We called the front desk and a wonderful woman from the front desk came immediately, asked the woman to leave the premises since she was not a guest. Kudos to the desk clerk.

Heard several trains during the night.

I learned my lesson. Do not stay at hotels that have outside entrances to rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple