“Such a sad ending for a once great restaurant”
Review of Ernesto's Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ernesto's Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Disgusting is the only word I can come up with. Over the last year or so the quality of the food has changed a great deal, it is almost inedible. The restaurant itself is disgustingly filthy, tables, walls, floors, utensils, virtually everything in the building is spotted with food, grime and dirt. I can't imagine what the kitchen looks like, the ladies room was so bad that we didn't use it. Our entrees were all incorrect when they arrived but we had waited so long that we ate what we could and left, we certainly won't be back. Ernesto has been gone for many years but I know he would be humiliated at what this once great restaurant has become.

1  Thank GC967
There are newer reviews for Ernesto's Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed 23 April 2010

My cheese enchiladas arrived very quickly - only with cold, congealed cheese in the middle. This isn't the worst Mexican restaurant in Monroe, but it's not very good.

2  Thank Marelis
Reviewed 4 March 2010

The salsa is amazing. The food is very good, just not authentic mexican food. It's very reasonably priced and you get your plate filled.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 2 November 2009

My guy and I ate here for his birthday dinner. The price was very reasonable and the servings sizes were unbelievably large. Very good for the money. I have certain food allergies and they worked with me to make a meal I could eat that was positively to die for! I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant if you are in the area.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook