“Terrible Loud Cardio Treadmill In Exercise Room”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Monroe
Mesquite, Texas
“Terrible Loud Cardio Treadmill In Exercise Room”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Have slept at this hotel 7-8 weeks over the course of the last 8 months and use the exercise room at least 2-3 days a week. One treadmill hasn't worked in the 8 months I have been staying at this hotel. The working treadmill is so loud you can barely hear the TV up to 80-90 on the remote! The extremely Loud Continual Whining sound it makes Sounds like a wheel bearing going out on an 18 wheeler and is very annoying to anyone in the exercise room at the time. Have told the manager and all staff members that are on duty each of my stays. The hotel has just recently remodeled the exercise room and the hotel itself but someone in upper management & or the Owner don't care about customer service or safety obviously other wise this treadmill would have been replaced or at the very least repaired! The managers reception this hotel advertises & offered and 1 of the reasons I elected to stay at this hotel has been discontinued also. When it did exist back in February half the time in the beginning it wasn't open even.

Room Tip: Find another hotel that will do what they advertise and show concern for their customers after repea...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Steve B,

The Comfort Suites values you as a guest at our hotel. We have listened to you and have taken the necessary steps to correct the loud cardio treadmill. Our entire staff, including management, strive to give our guests the best possible experience. Therefore your comments are valued. We appreciate your taking the time to review our "new" hotel on Tripadvisor. We sincerely hope you will return in the near future so you can see for yourself the strides that have been made.

If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Janie Russ
Regional Sales and Marketing Director
email: comfortbus@aol.com
Cell phone: 318.547.4672.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Byram MS
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed here for business 10/01/2013 to 10/04/2013. I usually try to stay at Choice Hotels and I had previously stayed at the Clarion Inn on the other side of I-20. This hotel is such a better hotel all around. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Especially William at the front desk. The rooms are clean and very up to date on décor. The beds are extremely comfortable which is why I usually choose Choice Hotel Brands. Maid service was wonderful everyday and pretty much cleaned as soon as I left my room. This was great because I finished early or dropped in between clients and did not have to wait on them. Wifi was strong and AC was not loud and blew cold the whole time. The showers had adequate water pressure. I did not use the outdoor pool but did take advantage of sitting around the pool under the gazebos. The pool looked clean and was handicap accessible. They had huge heavy iron tables and chairs under the gazebos. The only thing that could have been improved on would be a privacy fence around the pool since it sits right near the highway and has a wrought iron fence. The exit that the hotel is on really doesn't have much to offer besides fast-food but the hotel is extremely close to the on-ramp to the interstate. The mall is the next exit down and offers more sit-down restaurants. Overall this is a great place to stay and I will definitely stay here on my next business trip to Monroe.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Milton, Florida
Reviewed 8 August 2013

After striking out at another hotel, we called this one from the highway and the desk clerk, Tim, was very helpful. Told him what we wanted and he was able to accommodate us. When we arrived, I only had to say my name and he smiled and said he had everything ready. We asked about local restaurants and he suggested we go to the next exit and eat at one near the mall, but we were so tired, we just went down the street for a hamburger. The parking lot had just been repaved/repainted and part was blocked off that evening but was open by morning. The hotel was very clean and nice. Will definitely remember this one next time we are looking to stay near Monroe.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank rosifraz
Bristow, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 July 2013

If you are traveling through Monroe, this hotel makes a good stay. It's right near the interstate, and the rooms are plenty big and clean. There is also a nice breakfast in the morning, so you can fill up with a free hot breakfast before you go.

The hotel has been remodeled and parking is still an issue. Also, I'm not sure this is the best part of town. The pool is not very big, either, so this does make a nice quick stop, but I wouldn't see it as a long vacation destination.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We booked this hotel on the return leg of our trip from Pensacola so that the kids could visit the Duck Dynasty store. We arrived late. The room was a bit hot but the a/c cooled it off nicely. The room was very spacious and fit us all quite comfortably. The hotel was finishing up it's remodeling and we were aware when we booked however the size of the room and location made this our choice. The beds were comfortable though there was some paint stains on the edge of one of the duvet covers. The kids did attempt to go to the pool however they stated it was cloudy and dirty, though I should note that it did rain that afternoon so I am unsure if the pool is typically dirty or if this was a one time thing. There was no work being done that night or at least no obvious noise/dust due to this. We slept well. My experience with the person on the phone while making the reservation and the person checking us in and out was pleasant. They were nice and helpful. Breakfast was typical of free breakfast and convenient so that we could get back on the road.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I've stayed at the this hotel on more than one occasion because it is centrally located. Several of the problems I experienced were not necessarily enough to make me not return- until my last stay. First let me start with a positive- the newly remodeled rooms are nice, the beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are clean. That's it. The water pressure in the shower is unacceptable- it took forever to rinse the shampoo out of my hair. Due to the remodel, parking is a nightmare. If you arrive to the hotel after 10pm, good luck finding a parking space! Again, none of these issues were really a deal-breaker until I woke up around 4am itching all over my legs. When I turned on the light to see why, my legs were covered in bites. When I spoke to the front desk staff, they offered no apology or recognition. As an elite member of this hotel chain, I brought my legitimate complaint to upper management and no one will acknowledge me. It's very frustrating. I feel like no one is taking this seriously and that I've been blown off. To future travelers, this was an isolated incident. But if you have any real issues, be aware, your problems may not get resolved.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Shae G
Miami
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This hotel is hot and not in the good way!

I made reservations by phone, like other reviewers have said, I also was not informed of the remodel while making my reservations. After booking the hotel I got on trip advisor and found out from the reviews. I called back and I was assured that the remodel was finished in the main areas of the hotel and in the rooms. They said the floors were being tiled in some parts of the hotel but that it was mostly finished. That was not the truth! There were boxes of tile along the halls and in the breakfast area. It was dusty and dirty from all the remodeling being done. Also I wouldn't consider what they are doing a full remodel! We were shocked to get into our room and see a microwave that had to be old because it still had the turn dial, not digital! It looks as if they have replaced flooring and painted and put the old furniture back in the rooms! Our room was not cleaned well but it was clean enough to sleep in for the night. The breakfast area was so hot we were sweating while eating breakfast and we ended up taking it up to the room just so we could cool down a bit. The halls and elevator are also hot! The air conditioning appeared to be broken. I would honestly recommend finding some other hotel to stay at while visiting here!

On a side note, the Hamton next to this hotel looks as if it was an old motel 6...doors on the outside and everything. I had never seen a Hampton with doors on the outside.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Dear BigBransonLover,

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback for the Comfort Suites of Monroe, LA. We regret that your stay was not as comfortable as you had expected it to be. As mentioned in your review, we are still currently finishing up a full remodel. We understand that it can be difficult, but we are looking forward to the finished product very soon. Unfortunately, we cannot rush such a tedious process. We reassure you that all furniture and fixtures will be brand new by completion.

Also, regarding your side note, the Hampton Inn is a separate property from the Comfort Suites. However, although it is an older property, it recently won the Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor.

Janie Russ