“Best Gumbo and Crawfish Pie, Locals Best Kept Secret”
Review of Merci Beaucoup

Merci Beaucoup
Ranked #3 of 64 Restaurants in Natchitoches
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Ludowici Georgia
“Best Gumbo and Crawfish Pie, Locals Best Kept Secret”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

After having breakfast with my niece and her family at the Waffle House across from our Candlewood Suites hotel room in LA, my dad and I headed out in the direction of Oklahoma. We drove most of the day and decided to get something to eat in Natchitoches. It is the oldest city in Louisiana celebrating its 300 year in 2014. I was determined to eat my first cup of Gumbo and crawfish pie before we left the state of Louisiana. I pulled into a gas station and asked a locale where to eat at and a very nice customer in a natural gas uniform recommend Merci Beaucoup. He was headed there right now if we wanted to follow him so we did. It was one of the best meals that I have ever had and being completely different from anything I had eaten before, it was delicious! Now the agony is that there is not a single place to get these two dishes where I live in Georgia! It was around 2p.m. when we arrived and it was raining out but the atmosphere inside was cozy and warm. We got a table next to the window and sidewalk. People were still out shopping the historic district with their brightly colored umbrellas. The waitress was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. I ordered the Chicken and sausage Gumbo and the mini crawfish pies, and coffee to warm the chill from my bones. It was just what I needed! My dad had already eaten country fried steak & gravy & taters & cornbread back at the gas station so he had coffee and pie while I truly enjoyed my meal as I watched the rain gently come down outside. This meal was great fuel for my body since we drove until we reached Canadian Oklahoma late that night!

• Visited April 2014

McKinney, Texas
“Terrific Lunch”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

On a trip thru Louisiana, my wife & I stopped in Natchitoches to look at a building her great grandfather built in the 1890's. Someone had recommended Merci Beaucoup so we sauntered in. What a wonderful surprise. Tables had white cloths and there was actual silverware. Our waiter, Scott, was as good as they get, offering suggestions and then a little history. Food was very good. We'll definitely go back one day.

• Visited June 2014
“Charming place for lunch”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped in on our way through to Houston for lunch. The steak and cheese was AWESOME! My mother claimed that her rueben was one of the best she ever had. Will definitely go again.

• Visited June 2014
Lewsiville, TX
“Nice place”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had a late lunch at Merci Beaucoup. I had gumbo and the other member of our team had the meat pie and dirty rice. Both were very good. Of course we will visit again on our next trip to Natchitoches.

Visited May 2014
Tyler, Texas
“A Delightful Lunch Place”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Walking into this restaurant made you feel like you were part of the town.
Good food. Just need to tell the Louisiana people that Ice Berg Lettuce has no food value. Give it the GREEN.

Visited May 2014