“Perfect getaway from city stress”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchitoches
Starlight Plantation
Ranked #11 of 23 Natchitoches B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My financee and I stayed at the Starlight Plantation to celebrate our two year anniversary. We were so fortunate to find this place. Both rooms overlook the river, we read on the dock that is built below the property and the hot-tub was a great way to end a day in the town. The rooms were comfortable, clean and offer enough privacy as they are a good distance away from one another. I would certainly recommend this place to people looking for a romantic getaway or people just looking to relax.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 December 2013

A great B&B with a great host in a truly fantastic location.
My wife and I stayed here for two nights in November 2013 and it was the perfect place to sit and watch the world go buy. This place is so peaceful that time passes slowly, I'm sure there are 30 hours in each day here.
The rooms are massive and immaculately presented. The long porch with rocking chairs is a great touch. Sitting here looking out over the water with a cold beer is amazing, you could be anywhere in the world. Waking up in the morning to the amazing colours of the autumn trees and fauna is great way to start the day. There is a hot tub outside should you wish to use it.
Susan is an excellent host and serves up a great breakfast. The breakfast area has amenities that can be used by the guests.
Loved this place and would love to go back.

Room Tip: There are onlly two room and both are stunning, you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ICR46
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This was my first visit to Starlight Plantation and I planned this trip for our GWO (Girl's Week-end out). Needless to say....it was the perfect place for a relaxing, peaceful, and fun girl's weekend. The Cedar Suite was spacious with plenty of room for 4 women,...loved the windows looking out over the Cane River. The deck was the best!!!....with chairs and swings to read and relax while looking at the beautiful scenery. Having our own private jacuzzi was just what we needed to enjoy after a long day of shopping on Front Street with some wine....some chocolate...some laughter....it was the best!! Susan (the owner) couldn't have been more pleasant and accomodating in everything. The breakfasts were good country fare with plenty even for seconds.....and if there were any left-overs....Ethel Louise (the B&B's nannie goat) was happy to take care of it. There is a kitchen in the common area with a refridgerator, microwave, counter and sink for the guests use. It was nice to have a big refridgerator to put our snacks and wine and have a plentiful supply of ice and free bottled water.
The Starlight Plantation is definitely a gem and I have already made reservations to take my husband next month.

Room Tip: There are only two rooms at this B&B and I would pay the extra $20.00 and get the Cedar Suite fo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We only stayed for one night as we were between places to stay that we had already booked but would have loved to stay longer. The setting is one of the most stunning you will ever see right by the river with a walk down to the edge. Susan the host is one wonderful lady and we would have loved to stay and share some cocktails with her. The breakfast was amazing and we loved everything about starlight. Natchitoches is a lovely town and has some fabulous places to eat and wander. We only wished we could have stayed longer. Thank you Susan for a short but memorable stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ray L
Reviewed 7 June 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful time staying at this beautiful rustic B&B. We loved our room and Susan was the perfect hostess. We stayed in the Cypress Room and LOVED the private hot tub that overlooked Cane River. Breakfast was delicious! It was the perfect getaway!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kyle K
Reviewed 22 May 2013

This was by far the perfect place to stay. My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary. Susan was a perfect host. We stayed in the cypress room and it was gorgeous. The porch outside the room was a great place to relax and just enjoy the Cane River. The views in are great, the atmosphere was perfect. We were left to our selves and had total privacy. We could not have asked for a better stay. The breakfast each morning was delicious. We will defiantly be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Charles T
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband and I just returned from a getaway weekend for our anniversary. I'm not sure what else I could add to the glowing reviews, but it really was truly delightful. Susan was amazing. We stayed in the Cedar Suite. It was so comfortable, and immaculate, with closets of extra pillows, linens, etc. There were plenty of interesting books and magazines, which I enjoyed on the deck while my husband napped. The enormous deck was cool and inviting, even in the Louisiana summer. The view is lovely no matter where you are. Breakfast was perfect, and the morning coffee tray was a delightful touch. Honestly, I've never seen a B&B so well done. I wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple