“Absolutely delightful!”

Jefferson House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 24 Natchitoches B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My husband & I had been to Natchitoches several times for day trips. We decided to go ahead and spend the whole weekend there Aug. 16-18th. We chose Jefferson House because of the excellent reviews and we were not disappointed in the least! Arlene and Herman were genuine, very friendly and made everyone feel at home. And, their breakfast was delicious! Our room had been nicely updated, while keeping all the charm one would expect from a B&B. In addition, we greatly appreciated that they allowed pets. Our two Westies had a blast and enjoyed meeting Lilly & Roux (Arlene & Herman's doggies)! We highly recommend Jefferson House.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is my first experience with a B&B and with Natchitoches and I have never had a better weekend trip! Jefferson House is gorgeous and located right on Cane River. The owners are very welcoming and everything there was just fabulous-location, room, cleanliness, breakfast, and price!! I'm already planning my next trip during their famous Christmas lights and tour of homes! I can't wait!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I've stayed at Jefferson House several times. I chose it the first time because of the location - it's in the historic district and on the Cane River Lake. I keep coming back because the owners are friendly and fun and always make me feel welcome. I travel to Natchitoches on business, but staying at the Jefferson House mixes some fun with work. My only regret is that many times I don't have enough time to simply hang out on the deck overlooking the lake.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The Jefferson house is in an excellent location on the cane river lake. We sat out on the deck and drank wine and relaxed. The room is very clean and the linens were changed each day. Breakfast was cooked as we liked it, and was big enough that we did not need to eat until dinner.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank philhhh
Reviewed 19 March 2013

No where else on this earth would you arrive at B&B or hotel and be greeted by such a warm friendly host...in this case a tiny weiner dog named Lilly...who was excited to see our car and showed us to our parking spot! The sign that read "Weiner Dog Crossing" had our group laughing immediately.
The owners Mr. Herman and Miss Arlene were very sweet and cooked us an awesome breakfast.
The rooms were beautiful, but the real beauty was outside, the decks that overlooked the river.
This was a perfect selection for our girls weekend! We only wished we would have stayed 2 nights instead of one.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank YodaLeeK
Reviewed 19 March 2013

The owners made us feel so welcome as well as their lovely little pets. The view was amazing. We enjoyed the outdoors and our breakfast was well prepared and delightful. I would never want to even try another B&B. Our loyalty was to the owners and the beautiful rooms. I have stayed in many places over the years. I think this was my favorite.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Jefferson House was a very clean and spacious bed and breakfast home. We had a room located downstairs looking over the lake. Our breakfast was excellent. You could not have asked for a nicer location and hospitality. The historic section of the town is full of shops and good restaurants. This all adds up to a nice getaway for couples or girl trips.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple