“Average!”
Review of Mariner's

Mariner's
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Natchitoches
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Texas
“Average!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Great service, average food including salad bar...shrimp was fish-tasty and catfish bland but great view of lake all for $50 plus...not too impressed.

• Visited May 2014

Tombstone, Arizona
“What a view. What a meal.”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

A beautiful restaurant with a great view of the lake. It was rainy and breezy so we decided to sit inside. Got a window seat. GREAT!! Our waitress was a blast and we were joking and laughing like old friends. As we had just arrived in town, she explained how to pronounce Natchitoches. How about Nack-a-tish. REALLY?? YUP!!
Anyway the food was pricey, but EXCELLENT. I had the seafood platter. Catfish,oysters,schrimp and stuffed crab, hush puppies and a cup of seafood gumbo. ALL TERRIFIC. Mary had grilled Gulf shrimp with veggies and a salad. She was very pleased. Overall, a wonderful experience.

• Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not Worth It”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for the first time and will not be stopping here again. Food was bland, way overpriced, small portions, and wait staff was not anything special. Very disappointed in everything. The best thing was the block of cheese at the salad bar.

Los Angeles, California
“Good food with exceptional salad bar”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Another Natchitoches restaurant that I have to qualify my 5-star rating. If in another larger city such as Los Angeles or San Francisco or New York, Mariners would most likely be a 3.5 or 4-star rated establishment. But for being in Natchitoches, where there is not a lot of competition other than fast food, this and The Landing are the best that the area offers. Mariners has a great little salad bar, which I like a lot. They have a varied menu of seafood, beef and pasta, all with a touch of Loiusiana style. Nice setting overlooking Lake Sibley, with both inside and outside seating. They also have a bar area with live music on the weekends. We've been several times throughout the years and gave tried several things on the menu. I enjoyed the Seafood Primavera Pasta on our most recent visit and it was very good. The service was good and very attentive. No wait for a table for two on a Friday night in May, but the place is big enough that I imagine most waits would be short anyway.

Visited May 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana
“Not what it used to be..”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Last Friday evening me and my wife went to the mariner, haven't been there in a while. Have Always had good food and service, until last Friday..I Had the soup,corn with crawfish that had a funny taste,my wife didn't, she had the salad, we shared an entree, supposedly one of the specialtIes Tilapia Supreme...If that was a specialty, well they need a cook..it didn't have the topping of crab and shrimp, just a piece of fish with a little sauce on top. didn't even get the sides we ordered. Woke up at 5 am Saturday sick to my stomach...Oh yeah, the mgr took $3.95 off my bill for not being what we ordered....We won't be back...

• Visited April 2014