“The front desk guy scared my Mother by trying to get in her...”

Days Inn Natchitoches
Days Inn Natchitoches
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Natchitoches
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The front desk guy scared my Mother by trying to get in her room and threating her with jail if she did not open her door to him. He was checking a fire alarm that was going off. She told him through the door there was no alarm in her room, but her tried to push his way in anyway. He did not properly identify himself to her, so she called me scared and upset . She had my 3 yr old granddaughter with her. I was at the front desk to report a loud noise from my room. There was a note on the door stating that he would return soon. I did not appreciate him upsetting my elderly Mother and young granddaughter. He should have called her or at least told her who he was and what he was there for. Dumb move on his part!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
days5135, General Manager at Days Inn Natchitoches, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2014

Sorry for any inconvenience, they were just checking to see what set off the fire alarm.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

It was a good hotel with excellent staff and we enjoyed the pool and the breakfast. The staff was kind enough to allow me to leave my car for the week while we went to Florida and pick it up on the way back. We had all met at the hotel and didn't need to take all the cars to Florida.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for writing a review.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Pet friendly they say. Nothing at the time on their website saying there's a 35 dollar non refundable charge nor on orbitz where I booked. They get you at the time of sign in. The pet rooms odor will knock you over with aged urine.

• Stayed: July 2014
days5135, General Manager at Days Inn Natchitoches, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

The pet fee is on our web site. If you take your curser over the dog on Days Inn web site you will have a box pop up that tells you there is a $35.00 pet fee.
The smell you think you smelled in the room you had was not what you think it was. I am sure it was the combination of chemicals that we scrubbed the walls and other items in the room since someone had decided to smoke in the non smoking room.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family had a family gathering July 18-20, 2014 in Natchitoches, Louisiana. We stayed at the Days Inn Motel. We had a great time. The people there was very nice and helpful with any questions we had. The other guests were very nice. There was plenty of good food every morning. Even my children found something that they liked and would eat. The rooms were very nice and had recently been refurbished, the bed was very comfortable, which was good because we had full days with visiting with the Family. Thanks Days Inn for helping us have a Great Family Gathering.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Peggy B

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review on your stay. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our family stayed in Days Inn for a family reunion in June of 1014.

The staff exhibited fantastic southern hospitality

-Went to breakfast with my sons (6 weeks and 3 yrs)
-One staff member held the baby so I could eat and the other flipped my waffle for me
-One guest poured the syrup...
-Asked if I had a baby bed, and when I said no, they got me one right away! My baby slept better than in that bed than at home

Room was clean and cool

Fresh towels and linens daily
Ask for or take trash bags with you (those small trash cans fill up fast with a family)
Comfy bed and clean room
Take some air freshener--room smelled a bit stale
Microwave, mini fridge, cable, coffee maker (make sure it has all the parts)

Eateries in walking distance

-Next to Wendy's and two other fast food joints
-Check out meat pies (crawfish meat pie, yum!) at the French bakery at the gas station (really delicious!)
If ordering Pizza- dominoes cheapest bet, come to the room
Local pizza eatery good, but more expensive (on printer advertisement in room)

Location--
Same parking lot as Holiday Inn express and Best Western

Neighbors--

Did not care for the shirtless smoking men hanging on the balcony, but besides that slight annoyance, I had a hubby with me, so it was all good.

I would definitely stay again....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
days5135, General Manager at Days Inn Natchitoches, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank's for taking the time to write a review. I bet that baby is growing like a weed. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 16 June 2014