“Restroom Problem!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Minden, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Restroom Problem!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

The shops are OK, but at 8 months pregnant, I didn't get to look for long, because I was going to have to trek a few blocks to the public restroom at the other end of the street, because all of the shops have signs posted that say no public restrooms. I have a policy of not spending money in a place that won't allow me the courtesy of using the restroom. We had to leave the area, because I would not have been able to drag my pregnant self all the way down there without possibly peeing myself!

2 Thank Erin S

Dallas, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Too Many Women's Dress Shops”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Coming from Dallas I am use to fabulous shopping. The Historic District Shopping in Natchitoches, in my opinion, has too many dress shops that are too much the same. Once you have seen one, pretty much you have seen them all. I would suggest more variety: a bookstore with books about Louisiana and books by Louisiana authors; an arts and craft shop, selling arts and crafts from all over the state; a tea house, serving homemade soups and sandwiches along with homemade desserts; and a cultural center with more audiovisual history of the area and the ancestors who still live in the area, along with art, music, etc., from Northwestern Louisiana University and the state magnet school in the area.

3 Thank Suzanne S
Jasper, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Christmas Trip 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Love the shops..there's one that has cooking utensils and they have any cookie cutter you could imagine.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank 030857
NW Louisiana
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Always a treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We really enjoyed our shopping in the historic district in Natchitoches. There are a lot of unique shops. The only disappointment was that there was not as many antique stores as in the past.
The Landing Restaurant was closed because they were doing a lot of meals for the Louisiana Sports Museum activity. The ambience was great as always.

“Shopping”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We just loved Natchitoches! the atmosphere, the Bed and Breakfast(Violet Hill), the shopping and the restaurants were just perfect!. we usually make a trip there every spring. We haven't been there at Christmas time yet, but hear it is beautiful and fully intent on going at that time. We have nothing but good things to say about Natchitoches. our stay is quite enjoyable every time!

M&M Maher