“Not too much here for shopping really.”

Historic District Shopping
Reviewed 19 July 2014

There really is not that much shopping here in my opinion. It is worth the time to drive over and spend an hour or so in the area, just don't count on a lot of stores. A lot of the downtown is just business offices. Very pretty area facing the Cane river.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We were passing through Louisiana and had planned to spend a few hours and some of our money here, but too many places were closed. I would have thought that a tourist destination would have more open, especially the Visitor Center.
Would love to see more stores with local items, a nice casual dining spot that isn't a bar, and more of interest to those who aren't clothes shopping.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Went to Natchitoches on our anniversary for an overnight stay. Never been before so planned our trip using tripadvisor. The historic district is the thing to do there and can be accomplished in half a day of walking around the shops. Mix match of antique stores, kitchen stores, trendy clothes mainly for women, a little historical stuff, etc. Most of the businesses were friendly, especially the lady who runs the kitchen store, one of my favorite shops mainly due to her hospitality. The general store was okay but a little higher on prices basically due to the tourist nature of it, but its neat to see and if you need something they may actually have it. The reviewer about the bathrooms was dead one and there is only ONE public bathroom at the very end of the street, so if you have to GO...its a long way from one end to the other. Now...a little secret if you dont ruin it...the kitchen shop lady is very kind and allows the public to use hers...just keep it clean please. I bought something from this store almost exclusively because of that. The rest were not. You can do this area in a few hours so dont plan days around it.

1  Thank cthtexas
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We love it in Natchitoches, most everyone you meet are very kind, great hospitality, the scenery is awesome all around Front Street, clean everywhere you go, we enjoyed the Fourth of July fireworks display this year, was better than any of the Christmas lights/fireworks we have gone to.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The shops are OK, but at 8 months pregnant, I didn't get to look for long, because I was going to have to trek a few blocks to the public restroom at the other end of the street, because all of the shops have signs posted that say no public restrooms. I have a policy of not spending money in a place that won't allow me the courtesy of using the restroom. We had to leave the area, because I would not have been able to drag my pregnant self all the way down there without possibly peeing myself!

2  Thank Erin S