“Wasn't Sure What to Expect”

Comfort Suites Natchitoches
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Natchitoches
Groves, Texas, United States
“Wasn't Sure What to Expect”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband were in Natchitoches, La. for a Sweetheart Slip away with our church. It's such a small town, unless you stay at a bed and breakfast I couldn't imagine what to expect. But I should've known that Comfort Suites would not let us down. From the beautiful lobby to our wonderful room, our stay was amazing. After dinner, we came back to the hotel and had a little gift give away, and the staff had no problems with the noise we made at all.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room, and the hotel was full. WE DIDN'T HEAR ANY OUTSIDE NOISE AT ALL. My r...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I have to say this was one of the nicest and cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in. The room was very aesthetically pleasing as well as spotless. The bed has got to be the most comfortable I have ever slept on. I will be researching to find out where I can purchase one of the same matresses. I believe it was a Serta. The breakfast downstairs was very good with a nice variety. An all the staff I met were very friendly. I was a female traveling alone and felt very safe and comfortable. Will stay with them again!

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Juliefrog68
KS
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I believe this property is new to the area-very nice, contemporary and clean. When we arrived on New Years Eve, they had no record of our online booking made the prior day-nevertheless, she had us in a room a short time later. The room was spacious and very clean. The breakfast area is spacious, organized and was well stocked. Love that they had flavored coffee creamer!! We were here for just one night and had no complaints-would recommend. It is just a short drive to the historic area of Front Street-which I love!

1 Thank kdwait
Louisiana
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We could not fault this hotel for a single thing per the place itself, which seemed new and had a great, modern, fun decor. Perfect stay ... from the room and everything in it (heavenly beds) to the wonderful breakfast that was well above the average hotel offerings in terms of variety and quality. Didn't deal with staff except the desk and that person and transaction ... both fine.

It's just that we stayed at another Comfort Suites in Bastrop, Texas, right after that and the Bastrop place was pretty much identical in every respect, maybe even a hair superior (because we really liked the lady and the dog who checked us in and who, since we worried because it was New Year's Eve, made sure we had a quiet room). But the Bastrop room was $30 less!

I do understand that Natchitoches was amid the holidays (been going there around Christmas since childhood so I get how cool the lights, fireworks and food is) but this hotel looked half-empty to me so it needs to get over itself and quit charging so much in trying to gig the tourists.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank papertravel
Celina, Texas
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I have stayed here before and obviously, my family did again. As before, we were greeted immediately upon entering in a friendly manner. All of our information was good to go and we were directed to our room. Everything was clean, had a fresh smell, and looked ready to go (even though we arrived 45 minutes before check-in). This motel is a must if you are passing through the area or staying for a few days.

Room Tip: The double queen suites are excellent.
1 Thank lgkris1394
ComfortSuites228, General Manager at Comfort Suites Natchitoches, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Greeting Texas Traveler! Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. One of the biggest compliments we get as a hotel is returned guest! We are thrilled to hear you were satisfied with both of your visits and we hope to see you again soon!
Hernando, Mississippi
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I have never been treated so well by a hotel! From the front desk to the nicest housekeeper I've ever met, these people must go to charm school. They made our Christmas vacation so pleasant. We were even given one of the meeting rooms at the last minute for a more spacious area to spend time with extended family. Also, we lost something and asked our housekeeper to check for it when cleaning our room. She discovered it had been given to the front desk because our granddaughter left it downstairs without our knowledge. Brought the lost item back to our room and left a note explaining what happened. The rooms are clean, the breakfast is good and they go out of their way to be sure guests are happy. What more could you ask for?!

Room Tip: We stayed on 2nd floor. Rooms were nice & quiet.
1 Thank Anne G
Wow, thank you so much for this review! Our staff truly loves what they do and strive to treat each guest like royality because you should be!!! We know holiday travel can get overwhelming so we are happy to hear the hotel met all your expectations. We hope to see you again soon. Again thank you, we really appreciate it!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 19 December 2013

To sum up our trip, My husband and I were driving here to see the Christmas lights for our first time in this city; totally forgot about booking a hotel!! We are both reward members and so we called the Comfort Suites while on the interstate. A young lady named Aidalynn "Addi" answered the phone and gave us a great deal! When we arrived, she greeted us with such a sweet smile and gave us great information about the city and what fun sites it had and see. Also, she took that extra step of insuring we were fully satisfied by locating me a fan. Im a light sleeper and it really helps to have the noise. Thank you again Addi!! Because of you, we will definitely come back. Looking forward to our next trip. You are truly a great asset to this company.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank JWalker1927
We love reading reviews that praise our hard working staff! Addi is truly a great part of our Comfort Suites family. She loves her job and our guest and takes so much pride in her work, it is so nice to see that being noticed! Christmas season is a wonderful time to visit Natchitoches and we are thrilled to know the city and our hotel did not disappoint you! Thank you for taking the time to share this. We hope to see you again in the future!