“Great food, but too much to save.”

Mama's Oyster House
Ranked #7 of 66 Restaurants in Natchitoches
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The food and service were GREAT. Only problem was - we were there for only 1 night and did not have a way to save any of our food. The portions were just HUGE, really enough for 2 - 3 people. Had to stop eating - couldn't take thefood with me, couldn't save it. Be aware - if you are not a big eater, order your dinner to share with another diner.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We just spent the weekend in Natchitoches! Our first meal we ate was at Mama's!!! My husband ordered the crab platter and I had the Cane River Catfish! The servings were huge, and the food was absolutely amazing. The Cane River Catfish was one of the best things I've ever eaten. My husband loved his crab platter too. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful--she suggested the Cane River Catfish!! The crab dip appetizer with homemade chips was very good, and the sweet tea was just right!! We loved it so much that the next night we were tempted to eat at Mama's again, but decided that we should try another restaurant--after the experience we had, I wish we would have eaten at Mama's again!!!!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This place is in the middle of the strip of shops on Front St across from the Cane River. The waitress a sweet young girl but she wasn't real sure about the things we asked. She may have been new. I specifically wanted fried shrimp with a beer batter and asked if the batter was thick or thin. She told me it was a thin corn meal. Well, the batter was so thick I started peeling it off for my daughter and myself. The shrimp were very sweet without the disguise of all of the batter. The catfish were fried perfectly and the french fries were uniquely cut and delicious. My husband had the stuffed crabs which were very tiny and had a lot of stuffing and not much crab. I don't recommend this for families with small children because there was nothing to entertain them such as coloring pages as you see in a lot of family restaurants.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I ate delicious fried oysters for lunch. I had fried oysters in Dallas a week before, and they were not as large or tasty or juicy as the ones I ate at Mama's Oyster House.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Fantastic food and a great beer selection (no draft beers). Friendly bartender and GREAT oysters. Live music in the blues room next door on certain nights.