“Just the Facts-A place to lay your head”

Motel 6 Natchitoches
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Natchitoches
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. I read the reviews and took my chances.

The truth is, it is just a place to lay your head. It was very close to my relatives and had the basic bed, tv, shower, coffee maker, iron, etc. We just did not have the extra cash to stay in a nicer place, but if you do, do! The College Inn, and Lousianne Motel looked far worse, but this place was a notch up.

If you look hard, you will notice that there is dust, the exterior is unkept. It is just the basics, and I swear there may be two people maintaining the place. When I walked it was at least 80+ degrees a blinking overhead light, etc. I was told this was done to save on electricity (poor employees!)

My tips:
1. Take some lysol spray or smell good (to get the place to your liking)
2. Make sure you leave the room a/c on because it gets hot quickly
3. Bathroom hot, so don't plan on soaking or touching the walls (a bit gritty)
3. Take bug spray as you may find an occasional cricket or spider
4. Continental breakfast consist of loaf of bread, instant grits, oatmeal, cereal, coffee, tea, fresh orange, apples, bananas, and packaged honeybuns. Dining room very warm as well. So, eat in your room.

The maid did supply fresh linens the next day and made the bed, and took out the trash, but don't expect much more. There will be a splatter here on the wall here or there, but all in all, not a total dump.

It depends on your needs, it will not be as nice as a Best Western, so if that is what you are thinking, go elsewhere.

I am a working mom with a toddler, so perhaps it was heaven because I knew I did not have to clean it when I left.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank R A

Reviewed 25 June 2012

When I called and booked this hotel for myself and a friend, I thought I was getting a deal, it was priced under what I wanted to spend and it was near the college. Boy was I shocked when my friend and I drove up to it!! It looked like hotel that had been closed down!! The parking lot was patched up with weeds growing in the cracks, the bushes, trees and grass was overgrown and there was only one car in the front parking lot. When we walked up to the front doors the glass looked like it was washed with a dirty dish rag! We walked into a dark lobby with a box fan, it was extremely hot and the glass table top and windows to the restaurant must've been wiped with the same dirty dish rag! At that point I should've said I didn't want the room, but I figured that I would be charged for not cancelling in advance. we received our key and drove around to the room, where there were only two cars. When we walked into the room we were hit with a musky odor & hot!! There were cobwebs on the chair, enough dust to fill the entire hotel with and the time on the clock was blinking, which let me know that the electricity had been off. I just wonder how long it was off, or if it's turned on only when someone stays in the room! We drove around to the office, and there was actually another car in the parking lot, we walked in the lobby and told the young man at the desk that there was no way we could stay there! He called his manager and they credited my credit card, he left the lobby to check the room, his friend that was there (obviously that's where the 2nd car comes from), told us that he doesn't blame us and that he wouldn't stay there either! He tols us that the manager keeps the thermostat set at 84 degrees in the lobby that's why it is so hot! The pictures on the website for this hotel is false advertisment, I wouldn't let my animals saty at this hotel!!!!

Room Tip: If you are in the area, the Econo Lodge was a great hotel! Rooms were until $100, new hotel, clean...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jodi L
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This place was disgusting. I honestly can't believe we stayed after we had to change rooms due to body hairs being in the bed. I went to give our little girl a bath in the tub and it looked like someone had shaved their parts in the tub. I almost put my little girl in that bathtub! I told the manager on duty, who I had to go look for after waiting for 20 minutes. This wasn't a pleasant stay at all. We love Natchitoches and we will be staying coming there to stay again, but not at this hotel. Nasty. All I can say is body hairs...gross.

Room Tip: Body Hairs in beds and bathrooms
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
briannatchitoches, Owner at Motel 6 Natchitoches, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Dear Guest,

I was horrified to hear about your recent experience here at my hotel. I have an expectation for every guest to have a proper, fantastic time and knowing that you didn't helped me to re-evaluate my staff. I did EXTENSIVELY go over you review with housekeeping and the front desk staff to explain why it's important to take every measure with every guest to the best of our ability to keep a professional standard in everything that we do, especially with cleanness and dress code. There has been some implemented changes to protocol in how we double check and make sure each room is above standard once each individual housekeeper leaves that room and declares that room clean. The dress code has been re-established and enforced to ensure professionalism is displayed at all times. Again, my deepest apologies for your experience and I hope that you will consider coming to see us again and definitely seeing the better of us!

Reviewed 22 March 2012

While staying at this hotel, which has been one night weekly for the last two years with my business travel throughout Texas and Louisiana I was searching for a hotel stay in New Orleans. This site "Trip Advisor" came up. After reviewing the New Orleans reveiws, I decided to read what others have "advised" of this hotel in Natchitoches. I have always had only good experiences. Friendly people, clean and at a reasonable rate. The owner when informed of an internet problem did not just give the stock response of thanking you for the information and saying it will referred to maintenance or an "800" you can call for assistance, but actually tracked down the problem and replaced a defective router in the maintenance area of the hotel wing of my room, himself. All within 30 minutes. I do not usually write reviews of my stays, but after reading The Traveler T and Kayla S remarks, I had to refute their statements and would say they actually are obviously fictional remarks with an ulterior motive to send people elsewhere. Mustache T-shirts? Give me a break. Maybe they are hotel competitors in the area ? The ways of the internet. Enjoy the stay, as I do. Natchitoches is a great town.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We thank all of our guest for their suggestions, input and appreciation. I am so glad that you enjoy your stay and time with us week after week.

-Owner,

Reviewed 9 March 2012

This hotel was probably the dirtiest hotel I've ever had to stay at. The walls were disgusting, there was dust everywhere, the tub wouldn't drain, and the toilet barely flushed. The coke machines were inoperable, the ice machines shut down for the season. You would expect this kind of thing at a cheap hotel, but these guys are charging about double what the place is worth. The present owners have let the hotel deteriorate and are obviously cutting corners. Light bulbs missing, no toilet paper, you name it. On top of all this, the road that runs by it causes every car passing by to make a noise similar to a train passing by on a railroad track (all of which is easily heard in this poorly insulated place). We were afraid to turn on the a/c because of all the dust that probably would have come out of it. The refridgerator had black mold in it (and a lunch from the previous guest). I truly believe the only reason anyone would give this place anymore than a 1 is most likely the owner, or a relative of theirs.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else or sleep in your car.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
briannatchitoches, Owner at Motel 6 Natchitoches, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

We believe every issue that any of our guests have is important to us and we thrive on finding every possible solution for these issues. Your concerns, thoughts, and opinions are extremely important to us and as a valued asset to the growth of our establishment. As the owner and operator of this hotel, I am always looking forward to creating an environment accommodating to each guests needs. I extend my sincerest apologies and am very disheartened that you had such a bad experience with us. We only hope to have you once again as a guest and let us showcase another side of us, a better side of us.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

As soon as I walked into the lobby and read the shirt the check-in lady had on I should have turned around and walked right out. The shirt she had on had Mustaches written on the top and then pictures of mustaches and below them said enjoy the ride! How professional can you get. The walls were nasty, when I pulled the bed spread back there were nasty "body" hairs all over the sheets. I went to give my little girl a bath and there were "body" hairs all in the bathtub. Not hair from the head either! We went to walmart and bought lysol and lint rollers to roll and spray the beds. We asked to change to a different room and we were. But the room was also nasty! The beds were not as bad but the whole room just felt really dirty! I would not recommend this hotel at all. WAY OVER PRICED!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
briannatchitoches, Owner at Motel 6 Natchitoches, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Reviewed 27 December 2011

First of all, Natchitoches is a tough place to fine a deal on a room. Even when the place is deserted on Christmas. Every motel seemed to have terrible reviews on trip advisor and wanted an arm and a leg.

We found ABVI and received all we could have asked for. A clean room at a decent price.

My girlfriend and I were simply passing through and were amazed at the Festival of Lights. Certainly a sight to see. If you go, I recommend checking the ABVI out.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank AJW1980
briannatchitoches, Owner at Motel 6 Natchitoches, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

I wanted to personally thank you on a long overdue response to the kind words you shared about your stay with us. We appreciate and take to heart everyone's advice and concerns about our business and property. Without you, we would have no business. We hope to see you soon. Thank you!