“Best service ever!”

Cane River Bar and Grill
Ranked #12 of 64 Restaurants in Natchitoches
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Description: Cane River Bar & Grill specializes in BBQ, steaks, and seafood. We cook. You eat. It's that simple.
Dallas, Texas
“Best service ever!”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was recommended Cane River Bar and Grill by the hotel I am staying at. The restaurant is a small place with a beautiful patio overlooking the Cane River. Spectacular view! I sat inside though - it was pretty cool outside. India was my waitress and she was hands down the best server I have ever had! She made the best suggestions and was very attentive. She suggested I get the New Zealand Steak (100% grass fed angus). Oh my! Cooked to perfection! I was very full, but she talked up the pumpkin crunch so much that I had to take one Togo. Wow! Amazing!!! I will definetly be back! Thanks India for a great experience.

• Visited November 2013

Lincoln, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

ate there November 2013, split the Cuban sandwich with my wife. Very tasty and plenty for the two of us. They have very good pulled pork. Had the rum bread pudding for dessert, it was wonderful. went back the next night for a cheeseburger since I had smelled one go by on our first visit, it was great. Thursday night service was great, they were busy but we had a very pleasant waitress, eager to help us. She told us the Cuban was her favorite and splitting it would be plenty for the 2 of us. Friday night service was ok, waitress was more business like, she brought our ticket and said she would take it when we were ready, I had to ask for dessert instead of her suggesting it. If I ever get back to Natchitoches I will eat there again.

• Visited November 2013
Nacogdoches, Texas
“Great food, ok service.”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Husband and I came here for dinner on Saturday night. Interior is bar atmosphere, patio is beautiful overlooking the Cane River. They are obviously very selective in hiring-young, pretty, and female. There don't seem to be any other requirements. Our poor server was very new. She was unfamiliar with the menu, and didn't seem to be too concerned with trying to find answers to any of our questions regarding the menu. She was never rude, just new to the industry. My husband ordered the steak that was on special-grass fed beef from New Zealand. It was delicious. I had the tuna steak, and it was wonderful. The cooks know what they're doing-the temperature of our steaks were spot-on. Overall, great views, wonderful food, a little lacking in service. I would recommend!

• Visited September 2013
New York, New York, United States
“best pulled pork in the world”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Best food we have ever had, we ordered the pulled pork sandwich and saint louis ribs. Staff was very friendly. We sat out on the porch with beautiful view.

Visited August 2013
Arlington, Texas
“Rustic decor”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stopped for a late lunch while driving through LA. on. Mon. It is not right off the highway. The interior has a wainscoting of used rippled tin. It is on the river, but it was too hot today for eating outside. It was not crowded, and we had good service. I had the chicken croissant for $6.95. It was okay; I prefer a little chunkier chicken and other things in it besides a little celery and mayo. My husband said his burger was very good.

Visited June 2013