“Average restaurant with above average view”

Cane River Bar and Grill
Ranked #12 of 63 Restaurants in Natchitoches
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cane River Bar & Grill specializes in BBQ, steaks, and seafood. We cook. You eat. It's that simple.
Houston, Texas
“Average restaurant with above average view”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Food-Wise, nothing exciting. OK muffaletta sandwich (I've had better), OK meat pies (I've had much better empanadas). But the seating at the back on the porch over looking Cane River is very picturesque. So all in all, a worthwhile stop on a trip through the city.

One minor gripe: on parking in front of the restaurant we were overwhelmed by on odor of rotting garbage. They need to empty the dumpster more often, or at least move it somewhere else. Not a problem inside or on the back porch, though.

• Visited May 2014

Natchitoches, Louisiana
“Have a seat out back.”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

When the weather is just right you can sit out back overlooking the river. The view makes up for any shortcomings otherwise.

• Visited May 2014
California
“Fun place, ok food.”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We have been here three times. The food was never better than average but the service has been very good! last night Haley took great care of us despite the fact the kitchen cranked out one burnt burger, a bad looking chicken plate, a cold order of Etoufee and another burger that was ordered with avocado bacon and cheese that had none of the above. The good thing is that the waitress was soooo nice we will be back for another go at it! This is s fun place but the food can be better. I hope next time it is.

• Visited April 2014
Northwest Louisiana
“Be aware of what you are ordering”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Boxed Mac and Cheese! Bacos on the salad. Margarine instead of butter. The steaks are almost. $26 and the potatoes are reheated.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Luv2TravelWW
Dallas, Texas
“Best service ever!”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was recommended Cane River Bar and Grill by the hotel I am staying at. The restaurant is a small place with a beautiful patio overlooking the Cane River. Spectacular view! I sat inside though - it was pretty cool outside. India was my waitress and she was hands down the best server I have ever had! She made the best suggestions and was very attentive. She suggested I get the New Zealand Steak (100% grass fed angus). Oh my! Cooked to perfection! I was very full, but she talked up the pumpkin crunch so much that I had to take one Togo. Wow! Amazing!!! I will definetly be back! Thanks India for a great experience.

• Visited November 2013