“An incredible place for a wedding”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchitoches
Maison Louisiane Historic Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 23 Natchitoches B&B and Inns
hahwee
“An incredible place for a wedding”
Reviewed 16 January 2010

My husband and I got married here at the Maison and it was the most wonderful experiences of our lives. Pam, the innkeeper, was absolutely incredible. She answered every email I sent her before the wedding and during our wedding weekend, she fine tuned the balance of being available but not intrusive.
Our whole family stayed in the house and not a detail was left out. Everything was spotlessly clean and in wonderful condition. Pam had mentioned to us that the porch would be painted before our wedding and that she would have the backyard fumigated for mosquitoes. She did both. She was also incredibly helpful in picking restaurants and guiding us around town for our wedding guests.
As far as her breakfast, I dream about her breakfast! She made the most incredible french toast and on our wedding day served ALL of my bridesmaids and I muffins, toast, fresh fruit and juice.
Please do NOT ever hesitate to stay here at the Maison. It was a beautiful establishment with a gracious hostess, you will go wrong here. :o)

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank hahwee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
ms
Reviewed 14 June 2009

terribly dirty floors, hair in ice trays in freezer, dirty refrigerator, only one roll of toilet paper for 4 people....just very disappointing for the price.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
TiffanyH332, General Manager at Maison Louisiane Historic Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 31 December 2012
UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP & NEW MANAGEMENT. The home has been completely renovated with a deep cleaning, fresh paint, and combination of new and antique fine furnishings. We serve a mutli-course gourmet breakfast prepared by our Innkeeper who is a Northwestern State graduate with a degree in Hospitality Management & Tourism and Culinary Arts. We hope you will consider visiting us here at the Maison Louisiane as we take pride in every detail of your stay. We are confident you will be amazed at the difference new ownership and new management has made with our property.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 August 2008

Went here on a girls' trip and stayed in the cottage outside the main house. It had so much potential, but unfortunately fell a little short of being a charming experience. The couch was stained, the kitchen a little dirty, and it didn't look like much effort had been put into decorating. Their web site mentioned "wine and refreshments" in the afternoon, but when I inquired about them, the innkeeper had no clue what I was talking about and told me they didn't offer them. I just checked the web site, and it *still* mentions wine and refreshments a year after our stay!

The breakfast left much to be desired. Pancakes, eggs, and bacon 3 days in a row was unappealing and not near the caliber of typical bed and breakfast food. I stay in a bed and breakfast once or twice a year and have never had such plain breakfasts.

The innkeeper was very nice and helpful throughout the experience, there are just too many lackluster details to keep her inn from being the delightful place it could be. We won't return, and I can't recommend the inn to anyone else either.

• Liked — Friendliness of innkeeper
  • Disliked — False advertising on web site, lack of concern on innkeeper's part about discrepancy, shabby accommodations, boring food
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
maisonken, owner at Maison Louisiane Historic Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 July 2009
First off, this customer waited an entire year+ to comment on their stay.
I do not recall this customer and their issues.
NEVER would I serve the same breakfast each morning to guests during their stay. Rest assured, I know how to prepare numerous breakfast items and do so. If you are with me more than one night you will never be served the same thing twice.
So it is possible this guest allowed too much time to pass and their memory failed them.
As far as the decorating concerns. The guest house is where I allow the children to stay. It takes a beating, and does not have the "frills" that children can break. If you want the "frills" they are in the main house with the adults. I am one of only a few B and B's here in town that allow children and small pets.
Please give me the benefit of the doubt and try us out. You will not regret it.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2008

One in a while you experience a B & B that makes you wish you would have just stayed at home and unfortunately, this is what happened to us here. The entire experience was a nightmare...embarrassing rooms, dusty floors, no comfortable furniture to sit on in the living room, a porch that needed repairs and a very plain and unappealing breakfast.

It just goes to show you that you should research your trip, read the small print and read the reviews posted by others....hopefully we will save someone from this misery.

• Liked — When it was time to leave
  • Disliked — Sleeping in a bed that obviously had seen better days...and nights.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 11 August 2007

What a lovely place! Beautifully decorated, wonderful breakfasts, great location, and the innkeeper went above and beyond to make sure all our needs were met. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2007
Houston
Reviewed 14 August 2006

I had a wonderful stay at the Maison Louisiane. The owners are wonderful and extremely accommodating! All of the rooms are beautiful and wonderfully kept. The breakfast was one of the best I have had at a BnB. I plan on going back and staying here again. I would reccommend this BnB to everyone!

• Liked — The friendly Owners AND Amazing Rooms!
  • Disliked — I loved everything!
  • Stayed July 2006
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mississippi
Reviewed 21 May 2005

We were the only couple staying in the house. Breakfast was very good every morning. The owners don't live in the house, so the privacy was great. The town and historic district are lovely. We wanted to go fishing and the hosts brought us poles and crickets!

3 Thank bettycarolepearson