“A quiet place to relax”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchitoches
Violet Hill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 23 Natchitoches B&B and Inns
Corpus Christi
“A quiet place to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

Voilet Hill was exactly what we were looking for during a romantic weekend getaway. A beautiful decorated and charming home on the river. The location is great, close to walk around town. The room was comfortable was the jacuzzi tub was a great treat. John was amazing and we couldn't have asked for a better host. He gladly answered any questions and made some great recommendations on places to visit and things to see. The back deck area that overlooks the river was a perfect place to escape to see the sunset. The breakfasts were phenomenal and we could never finish the whole meal. I can't wait to go back and visit again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Nacogdoches, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

My friends and I (5) stayed in Natchitoches, LA for a Girl's Weekend Getaway to celebrate a birthday and stayed at the Violet Hill B&B. We loved this place! We had both rooms upstairs that had a little sitting area with table and chairs and we shared a bathroom.
This was the perfect set up for us as we were separate from the other guests and didn't bother them with our celebrating. We loved this B&B because it is right on the Cane river and the back porch has all wicker furniture and a wicker swing to just relax and watch the river and boats go by. Sooooooo relaxing. What a life! Don't miss going down on Front Street and eating a shrimp Po-Boy at Mama's Oyster House and having one of their famous Bloody Mary's (very spicy). My husband and I have gone back several times to this B&B to stay a week-end and always stay in the library. Great room, Check it out.

Room Tip: Pick the library. It has it's own entrance.
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Shellene
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2010

My mother & I have not enjoyed ourselves as much in years! The Violet Hill was so clean & well kept. It is just a couple of blocks from the shops, we never had to move our car. The house was full but it was as if we were the only ones there. The river view was inspiring & the breakfast & staff were hospitable & welcoming.
We ate at the Landing ... talk about luscious!!
The shop keepers were so friendly, lights & fireworks absolutely lovely!
Rate it a 10 out of 10 :)

• Stayed November 2010
4 Thank choir123
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2008

Violet Hill is a very nice historic B&B. Host John does a great job and the rooms are well done. My downstairs room was spacious and had a huge bathroom with large jacuzzi tub. I was only in town for one night (college reunion) and didn't have time to really take advantage, but I was impressed.

The inn is just a few houses from Front Street and the property sits alongside the Cane River. Swings, comfy chairs and a dock are all available for guests who want to spend a lazy afternoon along the river.

Breakfast looked great! Unfortunately, I am not a huge morning eater and opted for a glass of juice "to go." As always, John was very accommodating and sent me on my way with a smile.

I will stay at Violet Hill or any of John's other properties next time I'm in Natchitoches.

• Liked — Location, comfy bed, huge bathroom, overall comfort level
  • Disliked — Lack of in-room a/c controls (no big deal though), bedframe is a bit squeaky
  • Stayed July 2008
4 Thank JJNOLA
Hattiesburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2008

This was our first stay at a B & B. We just got back from a 2 night stay at Violet Hill. Great house, room, view of fireworks from the dock on the 4th of July! John was a great host there when you need him and gone the next minute. Will be back soon!

• Liked — You felt like a trusted family member not a guest
  • Disliked — No swimming pool/spa
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank sudaniel
New Orleans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2008

My stay at the Violet Hill was wonderful and extremely comfortable. John the Inn Keeper was gracious and the epitome of southern hospitality. The house was furnished in what I believe interior decorators would call an "eclectic" style. But what do I know.....I am not an interior decorator. What I do know is the Violet Hill is a warm, comfortable and clean Bed and Breakfast where you will be treated in a kind, friendly, welcoming and generous manner and that is the definition of hospitality. DId I mention it is on the river. WOW what a boat dock!!

• Liked — Comfort and cleanliness of rooms and warm hospitality
  • Disliked — It was all good.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Kirt103