“Very good!”

Nicky's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 65 Restaurants in Natchitoches
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I were hungry for good Mexican food and wondered if we would really find it in this part of Louisiana. Being from southeast Texas we have plenty of great Mexican food options at home, so we are a little spoiled. The parking lot was very full so we thought that could be a good sign. It's obviously a popular place! We weren't disappointed. We had mixed (steak and chicken) fajitas for two and a small order of chili con queso. My husband also had 1 taco. He wasn't crazy about the taco, but everything else was very good. Also, we loved their salsa! Our server was very friendly and the price was very reasonable. If we visit Natchitoches again, we will definitely return to NIcky's!

2  Thank eight4him

Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Waitress was great! But the food was not. They put lard in their beans and have no vegetarian options for them. We had to order cheese enchiladas and chile relleno. Well, cheese there was plenty of. We couldn't even finish our meals because the cheese was making us nauseated. Thought about heading to the local hospital for our cardiac stents directly from the restaurant. Not a repeat for us.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

The service is great and the food is excellent..we enjoy ourselves every time we go. My kids love the foid there..

Reviewed 22 April 2013

my first visit I didn't like the food, but because my husband and son LOVE the pork carnitas I gave it another try. The beef fajita burrito was AMAZING. Price good, portions HUGE (recommend you split)

Reviewed 17 December 2012 via mobile

My husband and I are from SOUTH Louisiana-Cajun Country-so meat pies and North Louisiana "Cajun" food is not something we are impressed by which is why we chose to go Mexican on our trip to Natchitoches. Not impressed!
I had the steak fajitas-they were seasoned well and cooked nicely. Only complaint here is they served them with orange rice that seemed to have been microwaved too long and a few shreds of lettuce, not many "fixings" for the fajitas. Husband had a steak fajita chimichanga. First off, it was SMALL-like children's menu small. Then it was smothered in this yellow velvetta-ish sauce that tasted horrible. The inside of the chimichanga had nothing but meat, no onions, bell peppers,etc, dry meat. I will say the salsa was pretty good. Maybe we missed the "must have" items but we won't be back to try and figure it out.