“Worth the Stop”

Nicky's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 66 Restaurants in Natchitoches
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I had the chimichanga for dinner with rice. the food was very good including the salsa. The frozen margarita was very good along with the meal. This is a small place with limited space for parking, but worth the stop if you can get in.

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Loved the atmosphere and food, better than expected. But, the restaurant is too small for seating capability and our waitress kept disappearing, otherwise great and we shall return!

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I recently ordered a large white sauce (queso) togo. Not only was it 9$, but the most absurd part was it didnt come with chips. I had already paid for the queso before I knew about this or I wouldn't have gotten it. When I asked the lady at the counter what I was supposed to eat my white sauce with she said I could order chips for 4$. However, you cant pay with a debit card for anything under 5$, so she said I could order hot sauce with chips for $6.50. So basically I got cheese dip with chips and hot sauce for about 16 dollars. I worked at a Mexican restaurant for 3 years and I have also never been to a place that didnt offer complimentary chips and hot sauce with any order togo. Even if that's not your policy, inform the customers before they spend an extra amount of money for something that most customers assume already comes with their meal.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Just traveling through and stopped to eat. Small but nice restaurant. The food was good but not great. Chips were quite oily but the salsa and queso were really good. Our waitress was not friendly, never even smiled. The biggest problem was our ticket was not accurate. It was off by over ten dollars. The tax was 9 percent but we were charged $9.87 on a $60 bill. That is well over 9 percent. The cashier insisted it was correct so we just paid it rather than argue. I would never return.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

the food was wonderful, and the service was great. we had to wait awhile, but it was worth the wait.