“Our favorite restaurant on our visit to Natchitoches”
Review of Maglieaux's

Maglieaux's
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Natchitoches
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
TEXAS
“Our favorite restaurant on our visit to Natchitoches”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We tried other places as well, and this was our favorite for scenery and the food. We got there friday evening and was met with friendly laid back staff. The restaurant is nice and on the river itself. Great menu selection. We tried the stuffed mushrooms and the cornbread covered in etouffee sauce, and the special was the seafood cannolenni which was awesome. The wife and i split all of this and two waters and the bill was $45 including tip. If i go back to Natchitoches and have only one choice to eat at... this is the place.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank cthtexas

The Woodlands, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food for a weekend getaway”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were visiting from out-of-town and decided to dine in based on it's location ... right off main street with all the shops. My wife and I shared the spicy pecan shrimp and portobello fries. The dipping sauce was wonderful. I tried the crabmeat stuffed portobello from other reviewers and I agree ... it is one of the best meals on the menu. The weather was fantastic so we sat outside under the trees ... watched the river ... and enjoyed some really good food. The staff was very attentive and made sure we had everything we needed. Great town ... great restaurant ... we'll be back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank donnie c
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Find!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We ended up in Natchitoches by chance .. on the road and were tired. The hotels are on the highway several miles from town but the desk clerk suggested we would enjoy downtown and that the better restaurants were there. And was she ever right!! A charming and interesting main street goes along by the Cane River and near the end is Maglieaux's. It was twilight and the weather was balmy. We were given a table on the lower deck along the river. Atmosphere was superb, service was attentive but in no way pressing. Excellent drinks. We started with an extraordinary shrimp bisque, tried the meat pies b/c they are a specialty of the town, had an excellent salad and shared a perfectly prepared steak accompanied by a unique and very good lemon based sauce.
Don't know if we'll ever have occasion to be in the neighborhood again but if we get within an hour or two's drive we will detour just to go back to Maglieaux's.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank MountainPCP
Minden, Louisiana
“Can't Wait to Go Back!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I would make the 70 mile drive to Natchitoches just to eat here again. I had the crawfish pasta, and my husband had stuffed chicken. I hear the stuffed mushroom is amazing, and I want to go back and try it and many other menu items. The prices are very reasonable. It was the perfect place for us to eat for our anniversary dinner, not too stuffy and formal, but nice and not too casual.

Visited June 2014
Natchitoches
“Great food but pricey....”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I personally consider this a special occasions place but if you have the money and want a great place to enjoy the scenery and the good service you can't beat it. The food is amazing! Not too much reflective of louisiana style food if that is what you are looking for but their stuff mushroom is one of my all time favorite things.

Visited September 2013