“Remarkable!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchitoches
Steel Magnolia House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 23 Natchitoches B&B and Inns
Tyler, Texas
“Remarkable!”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

My husband and I had the best time staying in Shelby's room for our 6th wedding anniversary. The owner was very receptive and hospitable. She made us feel very welcome and comfortable. The room was clean, (the shower curtain could have used a little more attention), but other than that we were pleased. The room was very spacious and enchanting with pink and white striped walls and several windows to look out. I am a fan of the movie, Steel Magnolias and was fascinated with the house and it's history .We were given the opportunity to watch the movie in the downstairs family room with a glass of champagne! It was fabulous! We loved the historic downtown as well. The only dislike would have to be that we were near the street and the street noise and the train nearby woke me from sleep several times..But I would do it all over again... I look forward to our next trip to the Steel Magnolia House.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sara G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Mansfield, Texas, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Several years ago - my children went to stay with their dad for Spring break. My middle daughter - then age 15, had wanted to go out of state with a friend. At the last minute, the trip was cancelled and she had also missed the opportunity to go to her dad's, who lived out of town also. Since it was just the two of us, I drove to Natchitoches just to visit the town and some of the plantations. We had a great time doing that and decided to have dinner before we headed back that evening. We passed by Steel Magnolia's B&B and ad to stop. My daughter was mesmerized and she was star-struck. She was excited just to be there. I got a brochure and took it along with us to the restaurant. While there, I stepped away and called and was able to reserve the Jackson room - the only room left. I surprised my daughter with a night at Steel Magnolia's B&B. She was beyond excited. It was the first time for us ever to stay at a B&B and we LOVED it! She graduates High School this year (2012) and I may surprise her again with a RETURN VISIT! She's never forgotten the trip and has always wanted to come back. We may see you SOON! Thank you for your hospitality and we really enjoyed the formal Candlelight breakfast!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Terrie P
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My husband, 2 kids and I stayed in Truvy's Guesthouse. It was very spacious, clean and comfortable. It was just what we needed after a long week of living out of suitcases. Christina and her husband (the owners), were so sweet and accomodating that they made us feel completely at home. I would highly reccomend staying at this particular Natchotiches B&B!

• Stayed November 2011
Benton City, Washington
Reviewed 21 August 2011

My sister surprised me with a trip to the Steel Magnolia house. She led me to believe we were staying at the Hampton Inn. Steel magnolias is one of my favorite movies. The owner of the house Christina and her husband were very welcoming. The room was beautiful. We stayed in the Jackson room. The breakfast and company were awesome! Christina taught me that the movie is a true story and she knows the family personally. I learned so much. This is definatley a check on my bucket list. One of the best experiences in my life.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Wonderful place to stay with a very gracious host. The breakfast was great and had a southern flare! Be sure to watch the movie before arriving, but just in case there is a dvd in each room!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Waskom, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Two friends and I stayed for a "School's Out" break. We are all teachers. The home is beautiful. We very much enjoyed the tour. We are great Steel Magnolia fans. The breakfast was fabulous! We enjoyed our time there.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
cordova
Reviewed 5 June 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Steel Magnolia House as part of our Anniversay Trip to Natchitocdhes in June. We really loved it. It had been some time since I watched the movie. It was so much fun to sit there and watch the movie in the house where it was filmed. We stayed in the Shelby Room. There is a big chair that sits by the window and if you are an early riser, you can set there and watch the sun come up. It was beautiful.
The hostess and her husband are very sweet people. You feel as though you are family and when you leave it feels like you are leaving family. Our breakfast was truly beautiful and wonderfully delicious. I would difinitley recommend making part of your trip to Natchitoches a stay at The Steel Magnolia House. Thanks for a truly delightful stay. Hope to come again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple