“Wonderful Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchitoches
Judge Porter House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 24 Natchitoches B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had a great time. It was so quiet and peaceful. Felt like we were alone there. The furnishings and building are in top-notch order. We even had a Jacuzzi tub in our bathroom with a second TV. The only problem I had was not being able to connect to the WIFI with the code provided. Of course, I didn't realize this until way after business hours, but after leaving a message on the customer service line, a very nice gentleman called me back quickly and gave me an alternate WIFI and password to use. The breakfast was wonderful also. We didn't have a need for anything that wasn't already met or provisions left for. Highly recommend this place for relaxing. I wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: River front shops close early during the summer. Plan to finish your shopping by 5pm.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This house is simply beautiful. It has old-fashioned charm, but also modern comforts. The grounds and furnishings are gorgeous. The breakfast was delicious and the southern hospitality was perfect. Thank you!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our first stay in a B&B, and we couldn't have asked for a better first time experience! The house is a wonderful old house with plenty of Southern charm, and the garden area with the flowers and fountains were very pleasing to the eyes, ears, and nose! We spent a wonderful night in the garden room and awoke to an amazing breakfast cooked by Mrs. Liz. Super friendly staff and easy check in/out. This was an anniversary treat for the wife and I, and we hope to come here again. The Judge Porter room or the Guest House will be our next try.

Stay here, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Garden room is right off the kitchen, but it didn't bother us. Beautiful room with a private ent...
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I can't even begin to tell you what fun and what a wonderful place this is to stay at! A girlfriend and I had a girls weekend here and loved every minute. The rooms are well appointed and the furniture is GORGEOUS! Every room is beautiful. The innkeeper, Liz, was very friendly and very attentive to our needs. The breakfast was delicious. Natchitoches is a wonderful little town to visit. We really had a great time and plan on returning soon. You won't be disappointed. Judge Porter's house is also listed as one of the places in the book "1000 places you must see before you die".

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My best friend and I had a wonderful girls weekend at Judge Porter House! The innkeeper Liz was simply fabulous. We had an amazing breakfast both days and the grounds are just beautiful. Liz was not only a great cook but had great suggestions where to go throughout the day and popular places to eat throughout this laid-back, comfortable community. Prior to the trip, Liz had attempted many times to get a hold of me. I appreciated her persistence! Liz and my best friend were able to finally connect; and, Liz did such a great job to make us feel welcome. Catina also was simply wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I absolutely love staying here! Liz is a jewel of an innkeeper, one of the guest staying at the property woke to a flat tire. Liz called a local repair shop and they were out to fix the tire quickly! I always enjoy the quiet relaxation of the property and the wonderful breakfast that is prepared.....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I just love the b&b option when I am staying somewhere overnight. It is hands down better than ANY big box hotel. Judge Porter's was just what a good b&b should be and then some! I got into town late and was delighted to find a "last minute" deal and had the most beautifully appointed room! The furnishings are exquisite! I slept like a queen in a VERY comfortable bed.
In the morning, I met Liz who made a fabulous breakfast, starting with a "dessert first" (a woman after my own heart), bread pudding which was delicious. Next came a rolled omelet, au gratin hash browns, sliced tomatoes & a biscuit. Everything about my stay was lovely. The other guests were friendly and interesting, like instant family around the table. I would highly recommend this place to anyone! I hope to make it back, Liz is the best!

• Stayed: May 2014