“NASTY!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Natchitoches
Texas
“NASTY!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

We booked a two night stay, got in the room and quickly called the front desk to say we were leaving. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls, there was so much daylight showing through the door something could have crawled in. Overall the room was shabby, smelly and dirty. It was a good deal but as the saying goes , You get what you pay for!!! Never again!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank soccermom201111

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Covington, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

I booked this hotel despite some of the dire warnings because it was the only one available on the date I was staying, and I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that it was quiet, clean, and comfortable and the staff was very professional and pleasant. This is not the newest hotel in town and is showing its age in some minor and unimportant ways, but my room was large, with a very comfortable king bed, sofa, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, tv, and free wireless, all of which worked just fine. The bathroom was in perfect order, with all the necessary amenities. The breakfast selection was very ample, and despite the fact that the breakfast area was full of people the very cordial staff was right there the whole time to make sure they never ran out of coffee or food. The location is right on the Interstate, with several fast food restaurants very close by and a short drive to the university and everything else in town. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it without hesitation to someone looking for a very good hotel that won't break your budget.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank BayouBillLa
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

It's an older motel but it's very clean and comfortable. Very well priced. There is a very good
breakfast. Burger King on one side and a convenience store on the other. It's right off of HWY-49.
When I work in this area this is where I stay. I like the idea of being able to back up to my room door and unload luggage. Staff and management are very accommodating.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Eddie B
Dublin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

Checked in early and realized the toliet would not flush-reported it to front desk and was told "it would be taken care of". Arrived back late that night and it had not been fixed. Again, we went to the front desk and her answer:" what do you want me to do about it?" The next morning we
complained again to the front desk.The staff gave the impression to us that they "don't care".
For a chain hotel, this one doesn't meet their standards. Paid too much money to flush the toliet by hand.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank LAF4616
Tracy P, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Please call me at the hotel (318) 352-7500 so that we may discuss this further. That is 100% unacceptable conduct from my staff and I want to know who spoke to you that way!!

Travellers are raving about these Natchitoches hotels

Hoover, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

This place is a dump. From the mold in the bathroom, the damp carpet, and the visits by the local Police. There are numerous hotels within walking distance of this place and for your own safety, stay at one of them. Damp rooms, unattentive manager (he never leaves his double wide parked in the back) and the cleaning staff will go through your luggage and take whatever they want. Econo Lodge across the street is actually cheaper and cleaner but a tad bit smaller. I have to come to Natchitcohes 3-4 times a year and I'll stay anywhere but here from now on.

Room Tip: Don't choose at all!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Jim21W
Tracy P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
I'm sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with your stay, I do think it's interesting to note that you know I'm on the property but did not ask to speak to the manager about the unsatisfactory condition of your room. Instead you chose to post your comments on a 3rd party website where I might not have seen them if I wasn't such an attentive manager (June 5, 6am).

With that being said, please contact me at your earliest convenience (318) 352-7500 so that we can discuss the issue in person. I won't make you pay for a room if you weren't satisfied with your stay and I'd love the oppurtunity to not only make it up to you, but win back your future business as well!!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

This hotel was very clean, great staff, and had a nice breakfast. The rooms were good sized. The pool and grounds were clean. My only complaint was that they didn't have enough parking. The hotel was booked with baseball players when we stayed and the parking area was full plus some guests had to park on the grassy areas by the hotel. I was overall pleased with this place.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank lilmama318
Tracy P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
I am glad to hear you were pleased with your stay and I'm happy to inform you that our parking lot is one of the issue we hope to tackle before the end of this year.
Hammond, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

I stay at this hotel regularly for work and recent changes in management have made a world of difference. The front desk staff is friendly and informative, always eager to help. This is an excellent hotel for the price, especially since I stay by the week. It's 59.99 a night. Much cheaper than any other area hotel and well worth it! The continental breakfast has waffles, biscuits & gravy, boiled eggs, fruits, cereal, bagels, pastries... My room doesn't always have a fridge, but the hotel staff will move on in to my room minutes after I request one! I've never had an experience like some of these people are claiming, so I can only think that just like every other hotel has problems of some sort that "Not every guest will be happy" no matter where you stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Brandon P
Tracy P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
I'm glad to hear you enjoy our property and are a repeat customer. I'll be sure to pass your praise on to my staff as encouragement to keep up the good work.