“Rather of Stayed in a Hilton/Hampton”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in New Iberia
Beaumont, Texas
“Rather of Stayed in a Hilton/Hampton”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I was refused a non - smoking room, I was told that there were not available. Even though I explained my bad allergies to cigarette smoke, they were very rude. After much back and forth with the management I was given a non-smoking room. (The same room that I was told didn't exist) I was treated very rudely, and unprofessionally. I have never had such poor customer service at any hotel that I have stayed. The breakfast was of poor quality, and the 1st day their pancake maker was Un-operational. I also noticed many of the staff on their cell phones, walking, standing, and working. Which I think is very unprofessional to operate any of your personal business during working hours in the view of the public.

Room Tip: Continue to push the issue if you are told "there are no non-smoking rooms available".
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TommyF387
Dana S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you had during your recent stay with us here in New Iberia. These issues are definitely not our standard and I will be looking into this to correct these problems. Once again I would like to thank you for staying with us and I intend for you next stay to be much better!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I recently had to stay at this hotel because everything was booked up in Lafayette. I was prepared for dissapointment, but was pleasantly surprised. The property is pretty ne and the staff was very welcoming and friendly. The room was fresh and inviting and the breakfast was very good. I would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bert M
Dana S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
I would like to Thank you so much for trying out our property here in New Iberia. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We pride ourselves in provideing best customer service as possible and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Dana Shirley
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Check in was so easy. Brett was very nice and quick to check us in. We had a mini suite which if we had to stay for a time would have been perfect. Washer and dryer on the same floor by the elevator and ice machine. King bed was comfy, there was a sitting area with sofa bed. Breakfast was nice and hot, and the standard food. The room was clean and everything was just right. Would stay here again

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Janet P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about our staff online.

I will be sure to share your post with the staff and especially, Brett.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we will look forward to your next visit to the New Iberia area.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Broussard, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

This is a great family friendly place to stay!! The employees are so friendly! The pool was excellent;) there are so many places to eat around this hotel. I highly recommend it. The rooms are very clean & they have a sofa bed & kitchen area as well!!

• Stayed June 2012
Janet P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thanks so much for your words of praise -- we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We strive to show all of our guests the true meaning of southern hospitality and we celebrate our success with great guests like yourself.

Have a great day!

Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Let me start by saying this hotel and its staff are super nice. Easy to locate and find off the Main Street. The beds are so dang comfortable that I had to ask the manager which company made them. My wife and I stayed here for three days on our way to Lackland AFB Graduation. Since my wife and I are big Swamp people fans we decided to stay here since its the most accessible to all of our destinations. We stopped at Pierre Part where Troy Landry lives and wouldn't you know it he was getting gas at the gas station where he drops off all the gators he catches. We got our pictures taken with him and he's just as nice in person as on the show. Also made a stop to Houma but no R.J and J Paul. Oh well. It's been a great trip so far.

Room Tip: Nothing special here to ask for. Just one thing if you are getting off i10 and coming down 167 which...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Janet P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor -- we are so glad that you enjoyed your time in New Iberia and the surrounding area.

WE pride ourselves in showing our guests the true meaning of Southern Hospitality and we will look forward to return visit the next time you are in the area.

We greatly appreicate your business as we know you have choices -- Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express New Iberia.

Janet
Johor Bahru
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Stayed at the Hotel while on buisness in New Iberia.

Overall the hotel was clean and tidy, but I was not able to get much sleep; as the address implies its on a frontage road and there was constant traffic noise all night.
If you are going to stay there ask for a room on the pool side which should be more quieter.

Asked for a none smoking room but was told none was available, and the room I had stunk of stale smoke.

Staff were friendly and courteous and there are complimentary drinks in the lobby Monday thru Thursday.

Breakfast was the usual delivered in a bag scrambled egg, and greasy sausage, the coffee was good.

Room Tip: Dont stay in the rooms at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank John K
Dana S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
First of all I would like to Thank You for choosing our hotel. I apologize that you had to hear traffic noise during your stay. If you would prefer we can make sure your next stay is on the backside of the hotel. We try to provide the best service possible. If there is anything we can do the make your next stay the best stay possible please let us know.

Dana Shirley
Fannett, Texas
Reviewed 23 August 2012

As always, its hard to beat HIE. Conveniently located next to the freeway, clean and well maintained facility and a friendly staff. The rooms were very comfy and there are a couple eating establishments nearby. My only recommendation is to get a room facing away from the highway, as I could hear traffic through the night. Other than that, the hotel offers all the comforts of home and a great place to stay when traveling in this area!

Room Tip: Request a room facing away from the highway, as I could hear traffic through the night.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank timvines5640
Janet P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this review, 10 November 2012
Thanks so much for your wonderful comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We value you as our guest and we are so delighted that you enjoyed our southern hospitality.

We will look forward to your next stay when you are back in the area.

Have a great day!