“great stay!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites New Iberia
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in New Iberia
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Very nice receptionists, nice room, good coffee, great place for overnight stay. Parking good, but entry to driveway needs to be fixed where there is a big bump. Other than that, would recommend highly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 18 May 2013

This was the first time we had ever stayed in a LaQuinta property, it will not be the past. Very well located for this southern Louisiana area. Room was very clean and well laid out, all the amenities you like to see in a room. Carpet a little faded but thats normal wear. Reception staff were friendly, efficient and very helpful in directing us to local attractions, restaurants, etc.. Full breakfast is provided and complimentary. Tucked away at the end of a one block street so highway noise is not an issue though it is less than 1 mile off an interstate. Only negatives? Coffee machine in the room was not refreshed or cleaned - no big deal. Mattress probably needs to be flipped or replaced as my back was sore in the morning. Air Con (which works great!) is right beside work desk so when it comes on you really get blasted with cold air. Overall very positive and I will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Late-Day-Traveller
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My husband and I drove 12+ hours from Orlando, Fl to Louisianna to visit family. We were very tired and needed peace and quiet. We are loyal customers of La Quinta and by far this place has disappointed us. My husband and I figured from the start parking was an issue a Lacrosse trailer was parked taking over almost 5 parking spaces. We checked in and the first thing we saw were teens in the hallway and on the floor of our room. The room we stayed the door was not even closed. As I entered the room, I can hear clear conversations from 4 people in room 209. I called Tammy at the front desk couple of times in regards to the noise. I could even hear the older lady blaming other kids and their dogs from the other room. The nightmare has just begun. The last time I called Tammy I asked her to come to the room and listen to the noise. She replied that she was the only La Quinta staff working that night. As we proceeded in the bathroom. Oh my, what a mess. For the $120/night was not worth it. The noise and the filth in the bathroom. We deserved a refund.

Room Tip: Do more research even when it is last minute.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Roadiecpl
Lanae L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites New Iberia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest:
I sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We did have a full house and some baseball teams the night you stayed with us. I really appreciate you informing me of your concerns. This is very unusual for our hotel as we pride ourselves on excllent service, hospitality and quality accommodations. I greatly appreciate you and every guest that stays with us.

On behalf of myself, La Quinta and my staff I sincerely apologize and hope you can forgive us. I will be meeting with my staff to discuss your concerns. We will be working even harder to provide excellent service and to ensure every guest will have a great experience when staying at our hotel. Again, Thank you. Happy Travels.

Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

I stay a lot in La Quintas. It was my 1st time at this location. Overall it is nice but, the maid did not bother to put the trash liners in any of the cans. The liners were just laid over the side of the cans. It was left for us to place if we wanted to use the trash. The next mornings breakfast was not very well attended. We had to ask for coffee, syrup, creamer, the was no one keeping up with the breakfast. The crushed roach in the middle of the breakfast was ignored over and over by staff as we watched them step over it.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Firefozz
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Nice rooms, clean beds, clean bathrooms. Good service. Friendly staff. You can't go wrong staying here. I would stay here again. No problems. The breakfast was so-so, but as good as any typically are.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We came for a weekend get-a-way. For me, the most important thing is that everything is clean and it was. The staff was very nice and the breakfast is a great plus. Good variety of eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, pastries, and yogurt.
If I had any complaints it was that I could hear other guests talking but it didn't keep me awake. My husband mentioned that he woke up hearing someone elses loud TV volume.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple