“Family Reunion Trip”

Candlewood Suites New Iberia
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in New Iberia
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We were in for a family visit....the rooms were clean, the staff was friendly,helpful and hospitable. Being pet friendly also helped.We have recntly stayed in alot of places...this was by far one of the best!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Marti H, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites New Iberia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you, Brenda! We are glad that you (and your pet family member) felt "at home" with us!

Reviewed 16 February 2012

I can't say enough wonderful things about this chain, and this facility in particular. In addition to the wonderful comfortable room, I was taken care of like I was a member of the family by Pam, Marti, and Valerie and the rest of the staff. I will go out of my way to stay here in the future!! Free Internet, honor system snack bar, home cooked meals on Wednesdays. ..and a shuttle so rental cars are not necessary. Wonderful.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Gary... we were happy to count you in our family!! And will look forward to your return

Reviewed 13 February 2012

This is a noisy place not much parking space for the handicap I accidently broke a glass and called front desk for someone to clean it up. This was about 8-9 Pm. I was told no cleaning staff on duty and I would have to come to front desk to get broom and dustpan. Idid I also asked for mop was told none available.

Room Tip: GOo someplace else
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Of course, we are very disappointed that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. Sound issues are a challenge, especially when the hotel is experiencing a capacity or near-capacity situation. As a limited service/extended stay hotel property, our staff is, by corporate standards, rather small. However, that is no excuse for poor service. We have discussed your review in our staff meeting and we will do everything in our power that this doesn't happen again.
As to the amount of parking space for handicapped, our facility is fully ADA accessible and meets the required amount of specially marked and restricted parking spaces.
We sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to win your approval the next time you're in our area.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

I am a traveling housewife with my husband and I have stayed in my share of hotels over the past 5 years. this one is awesome, cozy and comfortable. whatever you could possibly need to make your stay more inviting these people will do it. the best part is that they are patient also. every wednesday night the manager Pam cooks a tastey meal to make it a little more like home. also anytime that you have that craving at night they provide a fully stocked cupboard which is reasonably priced so that you don't have to leave to get food. I felt completely welcome in this spacious hotel room that provides everything that you could possibly need from cooking, to having the most comfort they can offer.

Room Tip: anywhere in this hotel will make you feel at home and safe.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Jesseca... Thank you for the kind words!

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Candlewood Suites, New Iberia, Louisiana. Visited January 2012. Lovely place to stay. Second time in 2 years. Very clean. Very well appointed for what you need to make your life comfortable. Wednesday afternoon is the Manager’s (Pam) get together; sorry we missed it this time. Laundry facilities excellent, also the gym Would rec ommended

Room Tip: Ask for what you would like to have
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the 5-Star rating and for the repeat business! It's great to know that we're living up to your expectations every time.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

On a business trip, hotel was had many construction people staying at the time, was a little dirty but maids got on it every morning. Room was comfortable and bedding was nice, good value for price, would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I have spent at least 10 weeks this summer living out of the Candlewood in New Iberia. After some rough stays at the Hampton Inn across the street, this location felt like a haven. The rooms have a full fridge, dishwasher, kitchenette with dishes, silverware, pots and pans, etc. There is a swimming pool available and the staff is the best. Pam, the manager is the most conscientious, kind, and caring hotel manager I've ever seen. I saw her one morning get out of her car and immediately walk across the parking lot to pick up a small piece of garbage. She really cares about the hotel, grounds, but most especially the people. She was always available to sort things out (like when I needed a new printer cartridge in the business center) and she notices the small details that make your stay exceptional.

I love the accommodations and I love the staff and I've spent enough time here to know what it's really run like.

The price is great compared to other local joints that offer so much less and charge so much more. There is a reason why this parking lot stays packed while others look empty! I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in New Iberia.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business