“Brand new, great staff, great rooms!”

Hampton Inn & Suites New Iberia
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in New Iberia
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This hotel is very new and staff is very friendly and helpful. Room was very nice (we had a suite) and it was one of the nicest Hampton Inn's I've ever stayed at.

Would stay again for sure.

Pool area was nice and well kept but a too cold for me (it was March) but my sons managed a quick swim.

Room Tip: The suite is huge and worth the extra spend.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank saholleman
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites New Iberia

Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed two nights at this location and the hotel is definitely one of the best in New Iberia. The rooms were clean, the lobby clean and the mattress were good. I am still rating this hotel a four star even though I do have some minor issues with some items. Overall though this isa good hotel. Checking in was a little time consuming and I was the only one checking in. Seems like the room assigned to me was not ready at 1:47PM and the clerk had difficulty finding another room. There were 26 guest for the night on that day and I still don’t understand why such a problem checking guest in. I thought it was me, however later in the day when three people were trying to check in, they were likewise experiencing time delays. I think this could be corrected with a little training on the part of management. At breakfast they has sausage two days and “scrambled eggs” both days. The eggs were little marbles that you could not keep on the fork and I inquired if they were actually eggs. I was told they come in a premix and that was the way they were. I think I will refrain from eating eggs on at breakfast buffet in the future. The food on display was very meager. For example three slices of bread, two english muffins, two bananas and six small (very small) apples. It just seemed like they were in a rationing mode as fare as the food was concerned.On the second day I returned int he afternoon only to find my room door unlocked and open. I had to go locate a cleaning person and inquire why my door was unlocked and that anyone could have entered my room. She apologized and said she meant to come back and vacuum the carpet but had not done so. It was impossible for her to know if anyone had entered my room. In the bath you will find thin towels that appeared to have stains that did not thoroughly come out in the wash and in fact the towels were a little damp. This is such a nice hotel I find it sad to only remember the little things that create images which could so easily be corrected.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2012

All the Hampton Inn and Suites are almost identical. Basically, you know what to expect and as long as they don't screw it up, it works out fine. The rooms were clean, it was easy to find, the front desk staff was nice, the breakfast was good, everything worked - check, check, check.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlie D
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We just stayed at this lovely new hotel on our way to Texas. It is perfect from the time you drive up, with flowering bushes, covered entry, neat and clean. Upon entry the fresh made chocolate chips and the friendly, helpful front desk clerk greeted us. Our room was very spacious with the most comfortable beds and comforters. The bathroom was well stocked with towels. Everything was immaculate! One could not ask for more. Plenty of restaurants in the area. Before our departure from the hotel we enjoyed the buffet breakfast. We know the hotel offers so much more then we even used. So be sure to check the list of all that is offered. The only thing is we wish it was closer to Hwy 10, but we did feel it was worth the drive. Benefit is no highway noise and an excellent nights sleep.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Retired-fun-travelin
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The hotel is very nice, what you would expect from Hampton Inn. But, we got no cell phone signal. This is the first time since we started traveling across the country that we could not get a signal from inside the hotel. Had to go outside to get through. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1athomeinthewest
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This definitely is a newer Hampton property and definitely the nicest hotel in New Iberia. To find anything that would come close you'll find yourself driving to Lafayette. Lobby and rooms have upscale modern decor with dark wood trim that gives it an elegant but comfortable feel. Front desk staff are very detail oriented and friendly. I've stayed here 4 times on business and am always greeted by name when returning to my room for the evening. Rooms are very spacious with high ceilings. Suites have a good sized wet bar area with fridge and nice sitting area. Huge flat screen TV swivels so you can see it from the couch or the bed. Beds are very comfortable with plenty of pillows. Lots of closet and drawer space. Breakfast was typical Hampton but always plenty of everything. Coffee in the lobby was always hot, which shows the staff attention to detail. Area is right off the interstate but never noticed the noise. Since it is a newer property it sets on an access road away from all the traffic from the other hotels in the area. There is a Chili's and Ruby Tuesdays within walking distance but you are in the heart of Cajun country here. For lunch head to the Riverside Inn in New Iberia for a great lunch at a great price. For dinner do yourself a favor and drive the 20 min to Lafayette for live Zydeco bands and great food at Randol's.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 December 2011

After two stays more than a year apart, I'm very happy with this hotel. It's comfortable and clean with a really great breakfast. The staff is friendly and helpful. I have only good things to say and plan to stay here every time I am in New Iberia over night.

• Stayed: October 2011