“The staff makes this Hampton a great place to stay!”

Hampton Inn & Suites New Iberia
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in New Iberia
Brenham, Texas
“The staff makes this Hampton a great place to stay!”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We stay here frequently and find it one of the nicest hotels in the area. Recently there was a management change, which was a most welcome improvement.

The front desk staff is great, especially Krissa, who has managed our frequent reservation changes patiently, promptly and with a "smile in her voice"! I can't wait to meet her in person.

The guest suites are modern and clean, with many amenties such as swivel big-screens, handy wet-bar areas and spacious seating. The friendly house staff takes care of small details in the rooms that most chains do not--clean corners, ceiling fan blades, window sills, towel shelves etc. ( I accidentally scared a couple-of-years off of one dear lady when she came to clean an "empty" room and I pulled open the door while her hand was still on the knob. I heard a small squeal of surprise, and her left hand flew to her chest, but she was as sweet as can be and still chuckling ... even after my 2nd apology.!)

The breakfast area is tidy, well stocked and quiet. Once again, the staff is friendly and very considerate of the guests, even waiting on some late arrivals to fill their plates and cups when they'd already started closing the buffet down for the day.

All in all, this hotel is very good; but the staff is great!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for a few days. It doesn't look like it is very old as it has the newer room layout in the suites. Very clean. A big bonus for me was the ceiling fan. I wish all hotels had fans. This hotel is close to the highway, but was very quite. I didn't use the pool, fitness center, or business center. Typical breakfast, nothing fancy. Friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Ft. Worth, TX
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This hotel is very new and staff is very friendly and helpful. Room was very nice (we had a suite) and it was one of the nicest Hampton Inn's I've ever stayed at.

Would stay again for sure.

Pool area was nice and well kept but a too cold for me (it was March) but my sons managed a quick swim.

Room Tip: The suite is huge and worth the extra spend.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank saholleman
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed two nights at this location and the hotel is definitely one of the best in New Iberia. The rooms were clean, the lobby clean and the mattress were good. I am still rating this hotel a four star even though I do have some minor issues with some items. Overall though this isa good hotel. Checking in was a little time consuming and I was the only one checking in. Seems like the room assigned to me was not ready at 1:47PM and the clerk had difficulty finding another room. There were 26 guest for the night on that day and I still don’t understand why such a problem checking guest in. I thought it was me, however later in the day when three people were trying to check in, they were likewise experiencing time delays. I think this could be corrected with a little training on the part of management. At breakfast they has sausage two days and “scrambled eggs” both days. The eggs were little marbles that you could not keep on the fork and I inquired if they were actually eggs. I was told they come in a premix and that was the way they were. I think I will refrain from eating eggs on at breakfast buffet in the future. The food on display was very meager. For example three slices of bread, two english muffins, two bananas and six small (very small) apples. It just seemed like they were in a rationing mode as fare as the food was concerned.On the second day I returned int he afternoon only to find my room door unlocked and open. I had to go locate a cleaning person and inquire why my door was unlocked and that anyone could have entered my room. She apologized and said she meant to come back and vacuum the carpet but had not done so. It was impossible for her to know if anyone had entered my room. In the bath you will find thin towels that appeared to have stains that did not thoroughly come out in the wash and in fact the towels were a little damp. This is such a nice hotel I find it sad to only remember the little things that create images which could so easily be corrected.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2012

All the Hampton Inn and Suites are almost identical. Basically, you know what to expect and as long as they don't screw it up, it works out fine. The rooms were clean, it was easy to find, the front desk staff was nice, the breakfast was good, everything worked - check, check, check.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Charlie D
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We just stayed at this lovely new hotel on our way to Texas. It is perfect from the time you drive up, with flowering bushes, covered entry, neat and clean. Upon entry the fresh made chocolate chips and the friendly, helpful front desk clerk greeted us. Our room was very spacious with the most comfortable beds and comforters. The bathroom was well stocked with towels. Everything was immaculate! One could not ask for more. Plenty of restaurants in the area. Before our departure from the hotel we enjoyed the buffet breakfast. We know the hotel offers so much more then we even used. So be sure to check the list of all that is offered. The only thing is we wish it was closer to Hwy 10, but we did feel it was worth the drive. Benefit is no highway noise and an excellent nights sleep.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Retired-fun-travelin
Pahrump, Nevada
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The hotel is very nice, what you would expect from Hampton Inn. But, we got no cell phone signal. This is the first time since we started traveling across the country that we could not get a signal from inside the hotel. Had to go outside to get through. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple