“Not Impressed Hampton” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in New Iberia
Beaumont, Texas
“Not Impressed Hampton”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

Upon entering the facility, I received a friendly welcome; although it wasn’t the homely welcome I have come to expect from Hampton Staff. The hotel is very well decorated; it is very large, with great spacious halls. But this place is empty; there may be 10 cars in the parking lot. It seems to always be that way, I stayed in the Holiday Inn adjacent to this location for 2 weeks, and I never saw more than 15 cars in the parking lot of this Hampton. I was disappointed that my room was not complimentary updated on arrival. Again, I know this place is empty, most Hampton’s staff always upgrade my room. The room is nice, what you would expect from Hampton, but it’s small. I was disappointed that I didn’t have a microwave and a fridge, had to use the sink as a cooler. The bathroom was ok, something sticky was on the floor, and the toilet seat was cheap, and wouldn’t stay up on its own. The ice machine is at the very end of the hall, and when I say this place is big, I mean it’s about 2 football fields long. With it being said that this place is empty, it’s got a very lonely, abandoned feel. I feel like I am the only person staying in this establishment. I like the Hamptons that offer a Happy hour, and have it open for travelers to converse in the lobby, those Hamptons really make you feel at home. This place is ok, even though the Holiday Inn’s customer’s service sucked, and it was dirty, it was more fun.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TommyF387

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

We loved the coffe and breakfast, the lounge/dining area is very pleasant and the food selections were plentiful and nicely presented. The Staff is friendly and accomadating. We opted for the suite, which has a well placed wet bar/microwave & fridge area. Some of our group stayed in the standard king rooms, which were well appointed and comfortable. Great stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

Typical Hampton, decent service and clean beds. It probably is the best place to stay in New Iberia and is convenient to the road and the town. I asked for a smoking room and the smell was awful, there should be a way the air can be cleaned, my lauggage smell for days after I left.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

This is a great location with excellent staff and clean rooms. We would definitely choose to stay here again. It is very close to the Tabasco/Avery Island tour as well as some really terrific restaurants. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if the pool was heated. However, knowing what the summers are like in this area, I realize a heated pool is not necessary most of the time so my kids were ok with this.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Nacogdoches, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for the past 3 years when we took our three children and our grandchildren to Avery Island and New Iberia during Spring Break. The hotel is set off the highway and quiet. The staff is helpful and friendly. It is a typical Hampton and has that good quality.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

I am a regular at Hampton's and Hilton Garden Inns. I like the chain and generally know I'm going to get good service at a good place. Comfortable rooms and beds. Well, I did get that here but was disappointed the bed is not the newer Hampton pillow top. Hopefully they are in for an upgrade but none so far. Also, check in was a nightmare, which is unusual for Hampton in my experience. Due to a storm in the southeast, anyone that goes throgh Atlanta knows the drill. You're going to be late for somewhere. We didn't get to N.I. until midnight and I was beat by then. Couldn't wait to get to bed. My buddy checked in, no problem. I'm a Hilton Honors member and checked in, no problem. Well, I get to the room and it's "no smoking" when clearly I requested "smoking". I called the clerk, who was very nice, and had to drag my tired butt back downstairs with my bags. He gives me another room so back up I go. Well, this was a smoking room but had not been made up. Have to call back down but this time I said I'm staying here, you come up. He did, apologized, and finally got my room. Not a great way to start after a horrible flight. The rest of the stay was uneventful and I had no complaints. Staff was friendly. I do think they need to check and see who their Honor guests are...and nobody ever did with me. No newspaper, no water, and the wrong room. This place needs to step it up a bit.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CarolinaParatrooper
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights when in town on business. The hotel is probably 2-3 years old so the quality is still pretty high and the cleanliness is good. I was sick for some of my time. My room had no tub which I didn't understand. I only had a brief moment to eat breakfast but I didn't find it to be as good as other Hamptons I've stayed in. I had to purchase items in the hotel pantry and some of my items were expired. I'm assuming items just sit there until purchased.

• Stayed February 2013