“Nice Stay at the Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites New Iberia
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in New Iberia
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Very good experience from placing my reservation with a request for a handicap room and a second room close by. Used my Hhonnors points to reduce the room rate and all the billing went perfect. The check-in was very good meeting/exceeding our expectations and was completed very quick and easy. The rooms were nice. We had some noise at night that my wife turned on the A/C fan to cover, otherwise all was fine. The breakfast area had good options and hours. We used the lobby area to visit with family which was pleasant. Whitney, the morning receptionist was extremely helpful with all our questions on late check-out, local dining options, etc... She deserves recognition. The check-out process went quick and easy as well. Nice stay and we would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Rooms were nice however during my three night stay room service did not clean my room. They only picked up my dirty towels. The hallway AC unit on the third floor was not working and it was very, very HOT!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Great hotel, exceptionally clean, incredible staff, filling breakfast, quiet pool, good fitness center- cardio, multi use cable machine, medicine balls.... Definitely try Little River Inn and Jane's Seafood and Chinese Restaurant while you are in town.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I enjoy the chain because they have a pool, big rooms, good breakfast and fitness room.
We stayed at 3 different ones on our two week vacation, and this one was the worst.
They had no hot water. They knew this. They never fixed it during our stay.
They worked on it...said it was fixed...it was not.
One of the employees picked up laundry out of the dirty pool hamper to wipe off the door handle.
When I questioned her about germs, she said she always washes her hands. Good for her, but what about the rest of us that are touching things throughout the building unaware of her hygiene habits.
One of the other Hampton Inns put out cookies on the counter...not this one.
I would not return.
My hubby said the floor looked warped and remarked that it had a foul smell.

Room Tip: Ask if they have fixed the hot water and avoid the third floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Stayed here on business in a sweltering August. Upon check-in I was told 'there's no hot water, do you still wanna check in?' Considering there was a convention in town there wasn't much hope of going elsewhere .... not great service at $125+tax per night. Breakfast was boiler plate but at least edible. The room itself was great which made up for the standard staff quality. Eventually on the last morning the water was fixed - hallelujah!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My preferred business travel choice is Hampton, and I have always stayed in this Hampton inn while doing business in New Iberia. One thing that impressed me during my recent stay is that they provided cookies at check-in. Coffee of course is always available at the lobby. Everything is excellent, except the internet speed is too slow.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed here on a business trip and was extremely disappointed. The staff was pleasant enough at check-in, but service is quite poor. The room was not clean upon arrival and had a slightly unpleasant odd smell. My room was not cleaned the second day either. When leaving the first morning I complained about the lack of hot water and received no information and it was not fixed. The internet is complimentary but terribly slow - I used a 3G hotspot which was much faster. The breakfast was OK and had a decent selection of hot items in addition to the continental breakfast. I suggest staying at the nearby Holiday Inn Express instead. I know I will.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business