“Nice place to visit TABASCO Country”

Hampton Inn & Suites New Iberia
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in New Iberia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel is located close to Avery Island, the home of TABASCO brand Pepper Sauce. Quiet and cozy, nice complimentary breakfast with pretty good selection, fast Internet. There are a few restaurants in a walking distance. The front desk and the breakfast room personnel is very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Teddy72
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites New Iberia

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We were looking for a Hilton property on the way home to the DFW area from Destin, Florida, and chose this Hampton because it got nice reviews and cost the fewest HHonors points (and I've always had good experiences with Hamptons). We arrived in the evening and observed a practically empty parking lot; I guess it was a slow Saturday night in New Iberia. Check-in was seamless, and we got a room on the top floor with two queen beds, just as I requested.

My wife is a notorious germophobe, particularly when staying at hotels, and she thoroughly inspected the room and beds before we set all our stuff down -- ultimately she found nothing but cleanliness. As it was the first hotel stay for my two young daughters, I took the opportunity to show them around the hotel (which had the side benefit of giving my wife a few minutes of peace and quiet after a long car trip). We looked at the breakfast area, the business center, the conference room, the exercise room, and the pool (which was closed at the time due to a "chemical issue," but that wasn't a problem as it was much too late in the evening to go swimming). Once it was bedtime, we all got a good night's sleep -- in fact, the next morning, my six-year-old remarked that the hotel bed was much more comfortable than the one she slept on in our condo in Destin.

I was concerned in the morning that the Hampton breakfast might have less food than normal since the hotel appeared to have had so few guests the night before, but we weren't disappointed. My wife was quite impressed with the Belgian waffles and cheese omelets, and the girls filled themselves up nicely.

The only hiccup in the whole experience was that the toilet in our room required multiple flushes to work; I brought this to the hotel's attention as we checked out.

Overall, I'd definitely stay here again in the future when in the Lafayette area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bonfire98A
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I found this Hilton property to be like 99.9% of the other Hilton properties I have chosen to stay with. The hotel was very clean and the staff was courteous and professional. All the amenties; exercise room, swimming pool and breakfast areas were in excellent condition. It felt like home.

1  Thank Terry S
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The room was huge!! The staff was super friendly, will def stay there every time I'm in the Lafayette area. My kids used the pool, we used the wifi. There was continental breakfast everyday which helped offset some of the cost.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Really enjoyed my stay the front desk clerk Stephanie was very helpful, I would definitely recommend this place to anyone traveling to New Iberia the room was clean and fresh. I give my stay Two thumbs up!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Traveling for work I stayed 2 nights at the Hampton Inn & Suites in New Iberia. From the front desk clerk to the housekeepers all staff members were very friendly and always willing to help. The front desk clerk Whitney, was very professional, friendly, knowledgeable and efficient in booking a room for me. The room and hotel were very clean, spacious room and very comfortable bed. Thanks for the coffee pot in the room. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room on the third floor.
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed for 2 nights over a weekend and there was a big wedding that weekend so one night was pretty noisy and wild. Not the hotels fault. The room was spacious, clean, laundry facility nice and the hotel has a nice location. The only thing we did not like was that the mattress on the bed was really old and too hard, not comfortable at all. The floor in the bathroom not very clean but I cleaned it myself and we where good to go. The breakfast was outstanding.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple