“Great place, would stay again”

Days Inn & Suites New Iberia
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in New Iberia
Edmonton, Canada
“Great place, would stay again”
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Price was reasonable, including a hearty breakfast. Room was clean and quiet. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank MCCanadian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Jackson, MS
Reviewed 12 April 2010

My husband, my daughter, and I went to New Iberia for his job. My husband left to attend services for his job. My daughter and I stayed behind. Shortly after leaving, my husband was involved in a traffic accident. The scene of the accident was not even five minutes away. Knowing that I could not walk with a small child and luggage, I asked an employee about taking my daughter and me to the accident as I did not know the condition of my husband. She said she had no vehicle. She stated that she would ask the owner/manager of the hotel, who was in my line of sight also. I watched as she explained the situation to the owner/manager. I suppose I should be grateful that she even took the time to turn and look at my daughter and me. At least that way, I knew she understood English. She simply shrugged her shoulders and asked "What am I supposed to do?” I could not believe anyone could be so cold-hearted in such a situation. To reply that you cannot help is one thing, but to coldly shrug and say such is inhumane. Should you choose to stay here, PLEASE make sure that you have an emergency backup plan.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank SenoraJ

Travellers are raving about these New Iberia hotels

London
Reviewed 28 February 2009

Fair enough - there isn't a great deal of hotels around this specific area so there isn't a great deal of choice. Manager was very pleasant, but you kind of know what you're getting with a Days Inn!

It's very cheap - but sadly it feels that way. Smelt a little of smoking, 'fitness room' only has two pieces of equipment, and there's no bar/restaurant.

Like I say, the amount of money you pay reflects what you get. Rooms were clean too.

Free Wi Fi which is a massive plus point or them.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 12 December 2008

We stayed here while attending a wedding in New Iberia, LA. Hotel staff was friendly, the rooms were nice and each had a mini-fridge which is convienent. Also, you can't beat the great continential breakfast which was alot more than just toast and jelly. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 June 2007

We scrambled to get this hotel at the last minute for my daughter's softball tourney in Erath. The staff at the Days Inn were fabulous--very nice and courteous and did everything they could to help us. We stayed in a King suite, smoking room, and it was great. The beds had SEVEN pillows on them--there was no need to bring ours from home. Everything was cleaned and smelled clean. The couch pulled out into a sofa bed for our kids to sleep on (so the fact that we couldn't get a double bed room was no big deal).

The breakfast was so much more than your normal continental breakfast--eggs, sausage, grits, cereal, biscuits and gravy--and there was more! The only "bad" thing we could say about this hotel is that the pool was small. There were about 10 kids in the pool and it was crowded--but the area around the pool was nice and the pool itself was clean, just a little small. If that's the worst thing you can say about a hotel that you pay less than $100/night for, then I think that's pretty fabulous. If we go this way again, this is the first place we'll stay!

• Liked — The staff was very friendly and the room was very clean
  • Disliked — No wireless internet--everything was hard wired
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank kscoleman
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 November 2004

I found the hotel to be very nice, well worth the money for the room we were checked into. King size bed, leather desk chair, couch, microwave/mini fridge combo, regular bathroom and a bar type sinks. The hotel was very nice, but I did have a couple of problems with the staff. Each room has a high speed internet connection jack (rj45), but I neglected to bring my network cable. Borrowed one from the front desk, which turned out to be about 3 feet long. After moving the desk around was able to plug the laptop into the jack with the short cable. Returned the cable the next morning and later in the day was called asking if perhaps I switched cables with the hotel as there cables are much longer than what I returned. Assured the desk staff I returned the exact cable I was given, but notable disbelief was made apparent during the conversation. Only other problem I had was about 1 hour before checkout went to the car to retrieve forgotten luggage, upon returning to the room the key would not work. Girlfriend had to let me back into the room. Turns out both keys had been deactivated, which upon checkout I mentioned to the desk attendant. She did not comment, but did not seem to be surprised at the news. About 45 min and then again 30 min before checkout we received calls from the front desk to let us know when check out time was. My suggestion, bring your own network cable and check out early and you will have a great stay.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member