“Sister Restaurant”
Review of Des Amis Dining and Catering - CLOSED

Des Amis Dining and Catering
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Description: We were previously Cafe Des Amis, New Iberia... we have changed our name to Des Amis Dining and Catering
Reviewed 12 August 2013

A couple of days before we had a great lunch at the Cafe Des Amis in Breaux Bridge. We were staying near New Iberia and looking for a dinner spot and saw they had a sister restaurant in downtown New Iberia and decided to try it. I called in advance for a reservation and spoke with a charming local. She was unsure if there was going to be a table available but she committed to monitor the situation and call us back. I had serious doubts about this - when was the last time something like that ever had a positive outcome. But, sure enough, she called when she said she would and happily told us we had the table for two we wanted. We arrived and the place was packed but our table was the sole open oasis among tables full of happy locals. We had a nice and relaxed meal. I had a ribeye steak and my wife had roast duck. Both were very tasty although we thought both were slightly over cooked (picky, picky). We kept eating. We splashed out on a bottle of Silver Oak Cabernet Sauvignon and we took the only bottle they had. This caused a bit of a group opening at our table. Very charming. We had fun and would go back.

1  Thank John A
There are newer reviews for Des Amis Dining and Catering

Reviewed 9 July 2013

My wife and I have always enjoyed the Breaux Bridge location. We're thrilled to be able to visit the New Iberia location. Always a special twist on already excellent Cajun dishes!

Reviewed 1 May 2013

This used to be my favorite restaurant, and I went there frequently, but the last time I ate there I was treated extremely rudely. So much so that I have no wish to go back to the restaurant, even though the food is excellent. Go instead to the one in Breaux Bridge.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

We agree with the other reviewers. Nice looking place inside, better than the original branch in Breaux Bridge. I also had the spinach and oyster salad with the sweet pepper jelly dressing, and it was outstanding. You can't go wrong here.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

I have eaten here several times and can attest that the food is consistently delicious. On my most recent visit I tasted the eggplant with crab meat appetizer, fried oyster spinach salad with pepper jelly vinaigrette dressing, and the fresh gulf fish topped with crawfish etouffee. Everything was perfectly prepared, and there is no way it could have been tastier. As of this writing, the restaurant's website hasn't been updated to reflect the additional location in New Iberia, but the menu is the same as at the original restaurant in Breaux Bridge. Both locations are open for Sunday brunch.