“Best Mexican in new Iberia!”
Review of El Mexicano

El Mexicano
Ranked #47 of 109 Restaurants in New Iberia
Cuisines: Mexican
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Best Mexican in new Iberia!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Love love love el Mexicano! Their food is so flavorful! Haven't found anything that I do not like yet! The staff is very friendly.

• Visited July 2013

“Excellent”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I don't agree with the so-so reviews of El Mexicano: It's my favorite Mexican restaurant and the by which I judge all others. Yes, it's in a strip mall and the atmosphere is average, but it's the food that's important, and I find it excellent. I recommend especially the tamale, which is not the type you might be expecting, but it's delicious; also the chile con carne is very unusual, and not what most Americans imagine when they think of chile, but it's nonetheless very good. I once asked the owners where they were from in Mexico, and they said Zacatecas. Mexican food is not monolithic and I'm sure the fare at El Mexicano reflects the cuisine in their native state. Try it!!!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Cadien1967
“Good Mexican food.”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Not the best but it will help curb your Mexican urge.

Visited May 2012
Lydia,LA
“Good food,good people & @ a fantastic price for lunch!”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Went eat with friends that had already eaten there..This was my first time & I have to say..it was really good & there's plenty of lunch specials to choose from..There was so much food, some of us had to get a to-go box to take the leftovers home. I would recommend this restaurant..

• Visited January 2012
New Iberia, Louisiana
“Not my favorite Mexican food in the city”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

The food is average, but the prices are good so business is good. I prefer other local haunts.

Visited July 2011