“Best Mexican food in New Iberia”
Review of El Mexicano

El Mexicano
Ranked #48 of 112 Restaurants in New Iberia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 9 August 2013

They definitely have the best Mexican food in New Iberia. Their dishes seem to be a little more traditional and not all the same ingredients loaded with sourcream and cheddar cheese. I got the lunch fajitas and it was more than I could ever possibly eat and less than $10 too. Everything here screams "Fresh" at you, even the chips and salsa.......

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Love love love el Mexicano! Their food is so flavorful! Haven't found anything that I do not like yet! The staff is very friendly.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

I don't agree with the so-so reviews of El Mexicano: It's my favorite Mexican restaurant and the by which I judge all others. Yes, it's in a strip mall and the atmosphere is average, but it's the food that's important, and I find it excellent. I recommend especially the tamale, which is not the type you might be expecting, but it's delicious; also the chile con carne is very unusual, and not what most Americans imagine when they think of chile, but it's nonetheless very good. I once asked the owners where they were from in Mexico, and they said Zacatecas. Mexican food is not monolithic and I'm sure the fare at El Mexicano reflects the cuisine in their native state. Try it!!!!

1  Thank Cadien1967
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Not the best but it will help curb your Mexican urge.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Went eat with friends that had already eaten there..This was my first time & I have to say..it was really good & there's plenty of lunch specials to choose from..There was so much food, some of us had to get a to-go box to take the leftovers home. I would recommend this restaurant..