“Updated Room, Nice Breakfast & Indoor Pool”

Holiday Inn Opelousas
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Opelousas
River Ridge, LA
“Updated Room, Nice Breakfast & Indoor Pool”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We were lucky to get a room at the last minute, when we had car trouble in the area. Although the hotel was full on Easter weekend, the staff was pleasant and helpful. Our large room looked fresh, clean and recently updated. The microwave, small frig & coffee service were a welcome sight. There's an indoor pool and small jacuzzi on the ground floor and plenty of well-lit parking outside. Right next door is Casa O'la, a fun mexican resturant. The next morning, a nice breakfast was offered - eggs, bacon, sausage, grits & biscuits. (I don't know that this is the norm, or a special event since it was Easter weekend.) We had no problems whatsoever. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was right next to the elevator, which made it really convenient. (it can't hurt to ask...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Cindi S, Manager at Holiday Inn Opelousas, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you for your nice comments! We appreciate your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Houston, Tx
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel over the holidays and it was nice, clean and safe. The staff was friendly. There's a fridge in the room and a microwave. The room was nice and big and the bed was comfortable. Only suggestion is to get a longer shower curtain because I'm sure the housekeepers often find a puddle of water on the floor. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Cindi S, Manager at Holiday Inn Opelousas, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. We hope to see you again soon.
Our renovation is now complete and we hope you will like us even better.
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Iv stayed in this hotel three times within the last 2yrs, it was very nice n clean and the staff was great also!! Enjoyed and will stay their again!!! Recommend it!!!

• Stayed June 2011
Cindi S, Manager at Holiday Inn Opelousas, responded to this review, 13 December 2011
As the Director of Operations for this hotel group, I appreciate all feedback. That you for your comments and I hope you will stay with us again after we undergo a complete renovation by the end of 2011.
Cindi Smiley
Lufkin, Texas
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Capricha was at the front desk waiting with a smile to check me in.
Very fast and efficient ,was in my room in minutes, room was nice and clean.
This is only my second time to stay here but it won't be my last.
I am what is known as a road warrior. I stay in motel rooms 4-5 nights a week I just wish all of the hotels I have to stay at was this clean.
Room was clean did not have any overpowering scents.
You know the ones where they are trying to cover up some other smell.
Clean comfortable bed.
Quite.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jmlollar
Cindi S, Owner at Holiday Inn Opelousas, responded to this review, 23 October 2011
Thank you so much for your nice review. We appreciate guest feedback!
North Alabama
Reviewed 4 February 2011

I was placed here for a week for business. Yhe staff was very friendly and helpful. Website for this hotel showed free continental breakfast which they did not have. Rooms were "ok". They had been "updated", with SEVERAL cotes of paint which you could tell. Bed slept very good. Bathroom cleanliness was fair and if you didn't wear shoes in the room your sock would be very dirty. Overall it was tolerable, but given the other reviews I would not have "placed" myself there had it not been for my business setting up the reservations.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 6 December 2010

I stayed here last week on business. The staff were friendly and I got a good sandwich from the restuarant but the cleaning of the room left much to be desired. One day they failed to clean the room at all. There just seemed to be a lack of attention to any detail. But the bed was comfortable and the water pressure was good. I can over come most things with a decent night sleep and a good hot shower!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank mcnewt0n
Cindi S, Owner at Holiday Inn Opelousas, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
By the end of the year, the property will be completely renovated so please try us again!
Thibodaux, Louisiana
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Our room felt wet. Like it had been closed up for months. It was clean, but smelled funny. I though running the A/C for a few hours would help but it did not. Room had been refurbished but if you looked closely you could see the wear. I did not notice the mold in the picture frame until the next morning or I would not have stayed. Vending machine were unplugged!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scubableu03
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelousas
Evangeline Downs Hotel
#5 of 50 in Lafayette
Best Western Ville Platte
Best Western Ville Platte
#1 of 1 in Ville Platte

Been to Holiday Inn Opelousas? Share your experiences!