“Very bad laundry service”

Holiday Inn Opelousas
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Opelousas
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Due to a training that took place en Ville Platte I stayed in Holiday Inn – Opelousas LA at the beginning of March, from 3rd to 6th.

Everything was god but nobody give me my clothes back from laundry service (March 05, 2013 - $33.35).

Despite the fact, in Holyday Inn Opelousas web page there is a link to be in contact (enorris@ascensionhotels.com), this link does not exist...

There is no way to claim my clothes no matter I pay for that.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jose Luis T
Blair S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Opelousas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites, Opelousas. I understand that you were not satisfied with the laundry service provided during your stay. I am not sure what happened but I do have your clothes here at the hotel… still with the laundry ticket on them. I am going to try and contact you via the information we have on file in your priority club profile so I can verify a correct address and get your clothes back to you. If you have a few min please email me at Blair.stancliff@avalonhotelgroup.com (which is now updated on our website). I am sorry for any inconvenience that this situation has caused.

I see what you are talking about on the website… I am on the phone while typing this trying to get the contact information updated. Found the problem while on the phone and updated that information. Thank you so much for bringing it to my attention.

Thanks again for your response.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

Stayed here 3/1/2013 what a great staff! Everyone was very helpful and always had a smile.
I would hope Holiday Inn acknowledges these wonderful ladies from the front desk to
housekeeping.Great free breakfast too! Thank from a weary traveler

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Stayed here one night on business. Hotel was "no frills," but just fine for a stay in a smaller city. It was convenient to the Interstate, plenty of parking, rooms were cleaned and seemed renovated since the hotel was opened. Flat screen TV, coffee maker in room, along with microwave and fridge.. Front desk was pleasant and helpful. Only one elevator (3 floors), but it worked fine. There is a cafe in the hotel and it even has room service during the breakfast and dinner hours (Dinner choices are a few appetizers, salads, a few entrees, burgers and sandwiches.) My room service order was fine -- nothing outstanding, but I don't expect that from a hotel like this; I was pleasantly surprised it had room service at all. My only "complaint" (and it's not really a complaint) is that for breakfast in the cafe, it's a "sit down and order" meal, and I generally prefer something more like a buffet because it's quicker, and I can come in and get something quickly, but that's a minor issue. If you are looking for a place to stay in Opelousas, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: I'm not sure it matters as I couldn't hear the Interstate from my room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Staying here was a mistake. When I was checking out of the hotel there was two house keepers in the hall way with their karts, they clearly saw me leaving my room with my luggage and neither of the house keepers moved their karts so I could get through, they both just stood their in the hallway as me and my partner both had to squeeze through the two karts. I literally had to hold my purse over my head to be able to squeeze through the karts. Both of the women were in the hall standing next to the karts and both of them saw us coming and neither of them said excuse me or moved their karts. A week later I receive a smoking charge for the room when there was no smoking in the room. The general manager sent me a picture of a steel reserve can with ashes on the rim that they claim they found in the trash can. I have never in my life drank a steel reserve nor will I ever. I stayed in the room for 12 hours for one reason- to get some sleep, not to drink beer and smoke. I came from Texas I did not travel with beer nor did I buy beer upon my arrival. I also did not see any cans in my room I think I would have noticed and made a complaint if there was trash left from the person for me. I did not nor have I ever had or been around anyone drinking a can of steel reserve. The only conclusion I can come up with is the house keepers drinking that beer and blaming me, or the hotel planting the evidence because they so desperately needed my 250 dollars. A 12 hour stay wound up costing me 400 dollars for something I did not do. Now I can not pay for my sick dog who needs Medical care. Thank you holiday inn for robbing me 250 dollars and having zero customer service.

• Stayed: January 2013
Blair S, Manager at Holiday Inn Opelousas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites of Opelousas. I understand that you are very frustrated with the smoking fee that was charged to your account. We don’t however do it maliciously but to cover some of the costs associated with removing the smoking smell from the room. We have everyone initial the smoking policy upon check in not as a threat but as a deterrent.

It is our policy is to have the housekeeper cleaning the room report to the manager on duty their suspicion that a room has been smoked in. The MOD then checks the room, takes any relevant pictures and if they agree that the room has been smoked in the fee is charged.

Next we start the cleaning process which includes, wiping all furniture with a special cleaner, removing and cleaning all removable fabrics, shampooing carpets, removing the AC to air the room, clean its filters and coils and finally once dry reinstalling it, next we ozone the room, then special smoke eliminators that neutralize the smell is sprayed on any furniture that can not be washed and the curtains. The room then sits for a couple of hours and we check for a since of smoke smell… if there is one we will put the room out of service (lost of potential revenue), Dry clean the curtains and start the cleaning process over again. It is a very time consuming process that actually costs the hotel more than the fee that is charged.

While we do not agree on what caused the smoking smell, I do appreciate your comments and concerns. I promise that the issues that you mentioned about the housekeepers in the hallways will be addressed in our next employee meeting. Again thank you for taking the time to comment. We can not correct our deficiencies or celebrate our successes without guests that take the time to tell us what we are doing right or wrong.

Reviewed 5 December 2012

We have stayed here about two weeks because of my husband's job, and it is a wonderful Holiday Inn! The front desk, housekeeping, and servers at the cafe really take pride in their jobs- I'll be sad to move on. My son loves the indoor pool, and the friendly people who work here!

• Stayed: December 2012
Blair S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Opelousas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay with us. I am extremely blessed to have a staff that makes such a great impression on our guests.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

We stayed here for the weekend while attending a family reunion in nearby Port Barre, Louisiana. It is right off of the interstate and near stores and a couple of restaurants. Upon checking in, the ladies at the front desk were very friendly and happy to see us. There is an indoor pool and a Bistro with a full bar. The elevator is very small and slow at times. The hotel is only 3 floors and the stairs are nice, clean and easy to navigate if you need to use them. We did a couple of times when there were too many people waiting for the elevator. The room was a king mini suite and was fairly spacious with a nice well lit bathroom and 2 flat screen tvs. There is a tv on one side for the fold out couch guest and then a tv on the other side for the king bed guest. There is a dividing wall and closet in between for added privacy. Overall it was pretty nice. The parking lot gets packed but we still always found a spot. Upon check out, the same friendly ladies told us bye.

• Stayed: October 2012

I am so glad that you enjoyed the Studio Suite. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay.

Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

Not that easy to find though you can see it from the Interstate. Place looks well kept, the rooms are nice, importantly they are very quiet. The eatery in the lobby is odd. The staff didn't seem overly interested in providing service, nor would I call the cook quick. We ordered our food, then waited some 45 minutes for our dinner. Oddly, they served our soup after our main course and the soup was cold. Not happy with the place.

• Stayed: October 2012
Blair S, Manager at Holiday Inn Opelousas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback regarding our hotel. I am disappointed that your experience was not all it could have been.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the Food and Beverage team for your dining experience during your stay. Our standard procedure is to serve the soup prior to the meal and of course it should have been hot and fresh. Dinner service times depend on how busy the restaurant is at any given point in time however 45 min seems an extraordinarily long wait.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our quiet rooms however, the interaction with our staff is certainly not typical and I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire service team as a training exercise.

Again please accept my apologies

Blair Stancliff
GM
337-948-3300

Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelousas
Evangeline Downs Hotel
Evangeline Downs Hotel
#4 of 8 in Opelousas
Days Inn & Suites Opelousas
Comfort Inn Opelousas
Comfort Inn Opelousas
#7 of 8 in Opelousas
Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome

Been to Holiday Inn Opelousas? Share your experiences!