“Quality Hotel within walking distance to stores” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Opelousas

Holiday Inn Opelousas
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Opelousas
Dublin, Ohio
“Quality Hotel within walking distance to stores”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have stayed at this hotel at least three times, most recently in August 2013. This time we stayed in a King Mini-Suite, which had a king bed and living room. The rooms are clean, the amenities are nice and the staff is friendly. The room: the room was very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable, and I don't recall hearing any outside noise (we were on the first floor). The walls are a little thin, or there could have been louder-than-normal people next door. But, overall, it was very quiet and we slept well. We had two large screen TVs in our room; good quality. The bathroom was very spacious, and the ceilings were high. Other hotel amenities: we didn't explore the hotel too much. We passed by the pool which had four or five teenagers in it, but both the pool and whirlpool were very clean. The lobby staff we very cordial and there is a nice refreshment bar near the front desk where you can buy snacks and travel items. Near the hotel: you'll find Walmart, and other stores and restaurants right outside the door within walking distance. Plus, the hotel is right off the highway. Very conveniently located. We really enjoyed our trip, and each time that we visit the area for family get-togethers, this is where we'll stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

The hotel is clean, staff is friendly, easy to find and near the interstate but you'd do much better if you stayed in Lafayette. It's 18 miles away on an I-49 with a speed limit of 70mph. There aren't many restaurants and no bars that I found in Opelousas You're going to need to eat and maybe go out with the guys. There are few places in Opelousas that aren't fast food but not many. Most of the non-fastfood places are seafood. Great, I love seafood but the four I went to are closed on Mondays...it's a small town. I wound up driving to Lafayette and had a great meal there. Wish I'd stayed there too, it's so close and has so much more to offer.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Opelousas, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear Fieldtravele r,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. I am very pleased that you found our staff friendly. It is also nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of our hotel. On the other hand, I do apologize that your experience was not what you expected. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

We have stayed at Holiday Inns in several states and they are consistently clean and the employees are always helpful and courteous. The only reason I didn't give a 5-star rating is because the hotel is obviously an older one and not quite as nice as some of the newer ones in which I've stayed. However, the rooms have been remodeled and are probably as nice as could be expected in an older hotel. The exercise room is very small with only two treadmills and a recumbent bicycle, and it was extremely hot. The staff tried to get the a/c going at our request, but it never cooled down in the 30 minutes we were in there. The treadmills were okay and sufficient to get in my daily 2 miles.

I can't say enough good things about the hotel staff... they were all extremely kind, courteous, and accommodating. One of the reasons I chose this hotel over the others in the area was because it was smoke-free and pet-free. The first night we were there, about four different times, there was a VERY strong smell of cigarettes. I reported it to the front desk the next morning and they apparently took care of it, because we never smelled it again during the remainder of our 2-night stay.

The breakfast served in the restaurant was delicious! I ordered an omelette and grits both days and the food was great...MUCH better food than the standard serve yourself breakfasts that are so popular now in most hotels. And the coffee in the lobby.... IT WAS FABULOUS!! I am extremely picky about my coffee, so this is the highest compliment that could be paid regarding that. I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dickinson, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Have rarely seen such ospitality with a staff! The front desk staff and the breakfast bar staff were so cordial, kind, helpful, friendly, and engaging. You couldn't ask for better service staff. The room was fresh, clean, and comfortable. What a great find!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Blair S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Opelousas, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel with the Trip Advisor community. As I’m sure you are aware guest feedback helps us to evaluate what we are doing right and what we have the opportunity to tweak and improve on. I have a very dedicated “family” who takes great pride in “their” hotel. They are truly a joy to work with.

Floresville, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

Decent place, awesome breakfast staff, the girls were great. Front desk staff wasn't overly friendly but I could live with that, not much time to interact with them. The rooms were clean, bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Parking is limited, don't try to bring a big truck or tv in there. Walmart right across the stre...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Opelousas, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear Carl C,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comment, We truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, I wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
MEXICO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

Due to a training that took place en Ville Platte I stayed in Holiday Inn – Opelousas LA at the beginning of March, from 3rd to 6th.

Everything was god but nobody give me my clothes back from laundry service (March 05, 2013 - $33.35).

Despite the fact, in Holyday Inn Opelousas web page there is a link to be in contact (enorris@ascensionhotels.com), this link does not exist...

There is no way to claim my clothes no matter I pay for that.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jose Luis T
Blair S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Opelousas, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites, Opelousas. I understand that you were not satisfied with the laundry service provided during your stay. I am not sure what happened but I do have your clothes here at the hotel… still with the laundry ticket on them. I am going to try and contact you via the information we have on file in your priority club profile so I can verify a correct address and get your clothes back to you. If you have a few min please email me at Blair.stancliff@avalonhotelgroup.com (which is now updated on our website). I am sorry for any inconvenience that this situation has caused.

I see what you are talking about on the website… I am on the phone while typing this trying to get the contact information updated. Found the problem while on the phone and updated that information. Thank you so much for bringing it to my attention.

Thanks again for your response.
Monticello IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

Stayed here 3/1/2013 what a great staff! Everyone was very helpful and always had a smile.
I would hope Holiday Inn acknowledges these wonderful ladies from the front desk to
housekeeping.Great free breakfast too! Thank from a weary traveler

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelousas
Evangeline Downs Hotel
#5 of 49 in Lafayette
BEST WESTERN Ville Platte
BEST WESTERN Ville Platte
#1 of 1 in Ville Platte

Been to Holiday Inn Opelousas? Share your experiences!