“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blackrod
Godshill, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

My sister and I stayed for 2 nights, and as has been said previously, very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast on the first morning was more than ample and in plentiful supply, however, this was not the case on the Sunday morning. There had been a wedding reception the night before which caused absolutely no problems at all, except that the amount of guests who stayed the night had been totally mis-calculated for breakfast the following morning. We left it late, only half and hour before breakfast cut off time, but although there were only a couple of tables still in use, we could not find a clean one, we took a table which had been set for four and only a couple of place settings had been used. No one came to offer a beverage, and when I went up to serve my self there was nothing left but a few baked beans!!!, no juice, no bread, no butter, no cold or cooked food. Unfortunately this caused me to panic as I am Diabetic and had already taken my morning Insulin and medication which meant I had to eat within a limited time frame. I went to reception to complain and said we would be leaving swiftly and to to please be sure to not include that mornings' breakfast for two on my bill!!.

I went back into the dining room to get my sister, and we were then offered a beverage, but I needed to get some food quickly, so we declined and left. No refund was given as we were then told at reception that the food was being 'replenished'. I needed my reserve supplies which I keep in the car, so we did not challenge this, paid and left.

This was such a shame, we had a lovely time up until then and will gladly return, but not include breakfast as I would need to be sure of getting something to eat within a reasonable time.

Just one more point, it was a shame the jacuzzi was not working as this had been a deciding factor when booking, just what I needed for my tired bones!!! Enjoyed my swim though!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Islandgirl060
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Dear Islandgirl0600

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor in relation to your recent stay at the Mercure Bolton Georgian House.

All feeback from whatever media is always used constructively, so I thank you for bringing various matters to my attention.

I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Bolton Georgian House again soon.

Yours Sincerely

Eric Spencer-Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Whitley Bay
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Stayed just the one night at this hotel, found whilst on internet, what a great find. Spacious comfortable clean room with good sized bathroom. We were visiting friends in Wigan so it was just ideal for us on a one night stopover. We were lucky to have breakfast included with the deal and it was very good, although buffet style, plenty of choice. The staff were so friendly and helpful, reception found us a taxi very quickly and even got us a good quote for it into the bargain. I thoroughly recommend this hotel,it was quiet around the rooms and not too busy whilst we were staying and has a pool and spa.Its not far from the M61/M6 and easy to get to.It has a large car park to the rear with easy access into the hotel with cases etc.

Room Tip: Maybe a room at the rear away from the busy Manchester Road.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rjf48
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Dear rjf48

Dear Sophie1989x,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such fantastic comments on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at the Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel.

Once again, many thanks for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel again soon.

Lincoln, UK
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Have been meaning to write this review since our stay on the 24th August as we were so impressed with this hotel, I have now finally found the time. We stayed here for 1 night and picked this hotel due to its health club facilities for our teenagers and also because it was close to Manchester where we were off to the following day. The staff in this hotel are absolutely amazing from the check in staff up to the manager, you didn't have to wait long to be served at the bar, if the bar staff were busy the manager would run across from his office to serve you. The manager I have to say was amazing(sorry I cant remember your name) he couldn't do enough to make us feel welcome. The rooms were very very clean and nice and modern, we had a room on the top floor and didn't have any problems of it being too warm as some people have reported. The breakfast was fabulous and again the staff very friendly. My teenager kids loved the health club and were even allowed to use it after we had checked out in fact we couldn't get them out of there and spent time chatting to the wedding party that was there whilst waiting for them. There was a wedding the night we were there and guests turning up the following day for one but this didn't cause us any problems. My advise would be to take note of the positive reviews on here it really is great value for money and we will be booking again on our next trip to old trafford. Thanks to all for making our stay an enjoyable one.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear ZoeLincoln_UK

bolton
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel was the venue for the reception following my son and daughter-in-laws wedding on the 22nd September 2012.
The staff, especially Nadine were excellent, nothing was too much trouble. we have some gorgeous photographs in the garden area which has a lovely arch and courtyard. The reception room was beautifully decorated, comfortable and the meal and service were excellent. A bit of a hiccup with the cake, but from what I heard Nadine and her team jumped through hoops to get it right.
Our bedroom was very confortable with everything you need.
We had a fantastic day and evening and would recommend the hotel as a wedding venue.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank anniec1955
Dear anniec1955,

It is always a pleasure for me and the team to receive such great feedback, I'm sure they will be equally delighted. I will be sure to pass on your personal thanks to Nadine.

Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

Lovely hotel and lovely members of staff. I stayed at the hotel the night of a wedding reception the staff throughout it all were very polite always smiling and talking to us. The hotel itself was very clean, tidy and modern. Beds extremely comfy I can not find fault!

• Stayed September 2012
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Dear Sophie1989x,

Reviewed 22 September 2012

I am a regular at the Mecure Georgian House Bolton . The staff are amazing and make my stay there very comfortable . Nothing is too much effort.
Peter Nye is always on hand and his charismatic charm and warmth and care make the hotel what it is .

• Stayed September 2012
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2012
Dear Themoog1972,

Please accept my sincere gratitude for such a Wonderful review on Trip Advisor. It is always a pleasure to receive such fantastic feedback.

I know all the staff will be equally delighted with your comments ; it really is very motivational for them seeing their great levels of service commented on so regularly.

I will also pass on your feedback to Peter Nye the Hotels Operations Manager, whom I know will be pleased with your comments.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Stayed at the mercure Georgian house hotel, Bolton for two nights and got a really good deal by booking in advance. Ate in the hotel reataurant both nights and the food was fab, really good choice on the menu. Breakfast was equally as good. What made the stay really special was the staff, went out of their way to help out with directions by printing off a local map and after arriving quite late at the restaurant on the second night we weren't made to feel awkward, all the staff were really friendly. Lovely hotel, lovely people. Rooms were a good size and all areas were immaculate.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor with a view beyond the car park which was stunning. Friends on the 1st floo...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Kay L.

Thanks for taking the time to write such a fantastic review on Trip Advisor. It is always a pleasure to receive such great feedback.

I will of course pass on your feedback to our team, who will be really pleased to be yet again mentioned for their exceptional levels of service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon,

Eric Spencer-Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackrod
Bolton Whites Hotel
Britannia Bolton Hotel
Britannia Bolton Hotel
#10 of 13 in Bolton
Travelodge Bolton Central River Street

Been to Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel? Share your experiences!