“A Good Stay”

Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blackrod
“A Good Stay”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel on Friday night and overall, it was a good experience.

We were situated in a room on the first floor, so easy access up the stairs from reception. The lift I believe was a short walk past the lobby bar. The room was fine - clean and tidy, comfortable bed with all the mod-cons. There wasn't an iron in the room, just a trouser press - but no harm.

We went down to the pool not long after checking-in for a quick swim. The lockers in the changing rooms don't have locks on them, not a concern to me - but I do believe the leisure facilities are available for use of the public (they have to be a member though). Sadly, the Jacuzzi isn't powerful at all.

The next morning, we had breakfast which was about £6.50 each. The staff were very friendly but when you first walk in, you are not greeted by anyone or shown to a table, you're pretty much left to your own thing until someone comes over to take your room number and if you wanted tea/coffee. The continental range had some cereal, a couple of pastries, bread and toaster machine, juices and some yogurt drink. From the menu, it looks like they may serve a help-yourself buffet range, but with it being quite quiet, this mustn't have been on offer during our stay. The waitress came over and took our cooked breakfast option, which ranges from the usual English, to Smoked Haddock, Kippers, Poached eggs etc. etc.

Overall, yeah - good stay, decent rooms, good pool area, poor Jacuzzi, decent breakfast.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PhilipH85
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Philip

Many Thanks for reviewing us on Tripadvisor and sharing your experience.

It is always great to receive feedback and I will share your comments with the team.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed all our facilities on offer but I will have the Jacuzzi looked at.

Once again many thanks and hopefully we can welcome you back in the not too distant future

Eric Spencer-Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Again the staff and management were excellent, friendly and nothing was too much trouble, the hotel has undergone some improvements since my last visit, great hotel and facilities, free wifi throughout the hotel was a great.

Will be visiting again

TW

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TerryWarren1
Dear Terry

Many Thanks for reviewing us on Tripadvisor, your kind words and sharing your experience.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your return visit hope you give us the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed overnight in April as we were attending a 40th birthday party. I think we managed to book the last available family room which was lucky for us as it was very spacious and comfortable. We used the pool - my daughter enjoyed that very much. The pool reception staff member that afternoon (5th April) was very helpful. We paid for a full breakfast the following morning at reception and it was excellent value for money. We were actually quoted a cheaper rate than if we had booked the breakfast option on the internet !
In summary, for the short time we were here, everything was good for us.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Gail71C

Many Thanks for reviewing us on Tripadvisor and sharing your experience

It is always great to receive feedback and I will share your comments with the Leisure team.

I did note you comment on the room rates and the simple answer is the lowest/best possible rates can only be found on our Website and can often be cheaper still if you book one of the pre paid promotional deals

I was pleased to read your daughter enjoyed the pool and we would look forward to welcoming her back in the future.

Aldershot, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here while visiting family in Bolton and whilst a little further out of Bolton than I would have liked I was very impressed with the place. Nice rooms, nice bar and team of staff who all were all very customer service focused. We enjoyed our time here and my six year old daughter loved the pool. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Courtnay M

It is always great to receive feedback and I will share your comments with the bar team.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

attended a wedding at the week-end, the weather was nice so the pictures were very nice in the grounds . Food was excellent did get missed a few times with starter and napkins but nothing was too much trouble for the staff.The staff worked very hard all day. Overall a very good time was had by all would recommend .Ample parking, didn't stay in the rooms so cant comment on them

Dear maxums

I was pleased to read a good time was had by all but hope you give us the opportunity to accommodate you in the future.

Wakefield
Reviewed 20 April 2014

By far the best hotel I have stayed in in a while. Some very nice touches and the room was extremely comfortable. The staff were good and food was very nice. The hotel is a little outdated in terms of decor but the service and overall quality of the room made up for that.

Would definitely stay here if I stay in Bolton again in the future. It is far better and cheaper than the Reebok.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Y0rkie39

Many thanks for reviewing us on Tripadvisor, your kind words and sharing your experience.

Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Staff very welcoming and very helpful. Room VG. Plenty of parking; convenient for Horwich Parkway rail services.
Two issues; meal service slow in the evening - we mentioned this to staff, who explained - courteously and helpfully - why our meals had taken a coomparatively long time to be served. again, TV in room didn't work when we arrived - quickly and effectively dealt with.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Dtr W

Many Thanks for reviewing us on Tripadvisor and sharing your experience.

It is always great to receive feedback, and I will share your comments with the team.
I was sorry to read the restaurant service was slow as this is not like us but I was pleased to read the team reacted well.

Eric Spencer-Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackrod
Bolton Whites Hotel
Holiday Inn Bolton Centre
Britannia Bolton Hotel
Britannia Bolton Hotel
#10 of 13 in Bolton

Been to Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel? Share your experiences!