“Excellent staff team”

Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blackrod
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I have visited The Georgian House Hotel on a number of occasions. It is a sound, good value-for-money hotel but what makes it special is the friendliness of the staff. My wife and I spent two nights at the hotel recently and our previous impressions were confirmed. Everyone we met - from the waiter in the restaurant and the breakfast staff to the bar assistant and receptionists - was very pleasant, cheerful, courteous and helpful. Again, thank you for doing your very best to make our stay as pleasant as possible.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Neils1066

Many Thanks for reviewing us on Tripadvisor and sharing your experience.

It is always great to receive feedback and I will share your nice comments with the team.

Once again many thanks and hopefully the team and I can welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Colin S
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We found all the staff extremely pleasant, polite and very helpful.
We were served by Rob in the restaurant who was friendly, approachable very and attentive to our needs. The food was excellent and the room was very clean and comfortable.
The only down side was the inconsiderate wedding party who occupied a large part of the hotel and woke us up at 3 am slamming doors and speaking very loudly outside our room.
However all in all we found everything lived up to the Mercure satisfaction guarantee and we will not hesitate to stay again in the future. May check if there is a wedding next time though!
Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny O
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Jenny O

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, but I was a little disappointed to hear that you were disturbed by the wedding guests. Please allow me to express my apologies.
It was great to receive feedback on Rob and I will share your nice comments with him and team.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Booked into this hotel for business and got put into room on second floor facing the road. The windows are useless at blocking out traffic noise which goes on all night. As if that wasn't bad enough stayed here on a Saturday night and all I could hear was thumping music all night. Phoned at 00.15 to complain.

I don't understand why hotels fail to inform guests that this will be happening and is likely to cause a disturbance and prevent them from sleeping.

I bought ear plugs to block the noise from the road but even they could not block the music bouncing off the walls in my room.

The rooms themselves leave a lot to be desired with wallpaper coming off the wall and the door of the wardrobe hanging off. The walls are paper thin and you will hear noise from the corridor and the rooms next to you. The shower trickles out and isn't very effective. I had to ask for an iron board on 3 separate occasions before receiving one two days after my original request.

Overall I don't plan staying here for my full duration and won't be planning to return again.

I called reception to complain about the music and was told he would take a note of it?

Honestly if you want a pleasant relaxing break with nice comfortable rooms this is not the place.

Poor standards and poor service are not what I expected from Mercure.

Room Tip: Away from the main road and the function suites
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Antz3113

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, but I was very disappointed to hear that you were disturbed by the event and the noise from the road. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

It is not like us not to have some form of flexibility and move a guest on request, If you let me have your booking details I can ask the guys on the desk to ensure you are allocated a quite rear facing room should you return in the future.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel and provide you with a genuine hassle-free a more tranquil experience.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Obviously competition is a massive challenge for any business and absolutely this is the case with Hotels.

With the Mecure there are lots of great things with some being more powerful than others (all positive);
• ‘The little touches’- changes to the please do not disturb signs are fantastic, as in really bespoke. ‘I am awake so please make up my room’
• The food is great and I have never been disappointed throughout my stay- I have had the Curry 5 times!!!
• Now this point is the one that massively impacts the differentiation element (as per above in relation to competition)- The general manager is incredibly approachable and most importantly always does his best for his guests.
• When you have staff like the guys who work on teh bar (wont name names!) you move away from the competition very quickly and what I mean by that is the knowledge of the products, the attentiveness, professionalism and essentially great customer service which is not the norm unfortunately more the exception. These guys have this and more.

Almost done :)
It is the above that are the ‘defining moments’ and they directly influence whether a customer returns or does not
The whole team are great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Sean M

Many Thanks for reviewing us on Tripadvisor and sharing your experience.

It is always great to receive feedback and I will share your nice comments with the team and the guys on the bar.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here yet again, this time for 3 nights and the final night with my elderly mother. We asked for her to be next door and they obliged. Breakfast could be warmer but the quality and choice very good for a 3*hotel. Pool very good, very clean. Good car park, near the motorway but very quiet. There were 3 weddings on the Saturday evening but as we asked for the bedrooms to be on the 2nd floor we did not hear anything. Excellant check in and all the staff very obliging.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the 2nd floor away from the main areas. There is lift to all floors
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Middleton70

Many Thanks for reviewing us on Tripadvisor and sharing your experience.

It is always great to receive feedback and I will share your nice comments with the team, I do recall your booking as I allocated the room for your mother and I am pleased it met with your expectation.
I did note your comment on breakfast and I will pass this back to the Chef

Once again many thanks and hopefully we can welcome you back in the not too distant future

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here 24/26 May. Very impressed with staff. Had to go to Manchester/Liverpool on
Saturday. Very pleasant receptionist advised on how to get to station, parking, train times etc.
Even printed out information on different stations and platforms for connections. Enjoyed the
breakfast - everything was fresh, porrige good, as was choice of preserves/peanut butter/
nutella. Dominique in the Bar was great on local knowledge - advised where to go and where
to avoid when going out for evening. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: If you like quiet room ask for back of hotel (overlooks car park to hills). Front facing rooms get...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Endee26

Many Thanks for reviewing us on Tripadvisor and sharing your experience.

It is always great to receive feedback and I will share your nice comments with Dominique and the team, I was pleased to read you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back.

Eric Spencer-Smith

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackrod
Bolton Whites Hotel
Britannia Bolton Hotel
Britannia Bolton Hotel
#10 of 13 in Bolton
Travelodge Bolton Central River Street

Been to Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel? Share your experiences!