“Good donuts” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Pineville, Louisiana
“Good donuts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Harlow's is the best donut shop here only because we don't have Krispie Kreme. Since my last post, I have had two unpleasant experiences with their cakes though. Both of which were for major events. First was for a rehearsal dinner for about 40 people. About a mile down the road from bakery the top layer slid off. Cake was a mess. Too late to do anything so we served it like that. Tasted good though. The last cake I ordered for a baby shower had strange looking holes in it which they could/would not repair. I was very embarrassed and worried about showing up with that cake so I continued to ask owners daughter to PLEASE try to repair it, she curtly replied that I wasn't taking the cake anywhere. I told her I was on the way to shower and had to have something to take but she would not relent...she refused to help me. Was too late to go elsewhere, I thought. Thank God I was wrong as my daughter suggested I rush to Super One's bakery where bakery manager Carla quickly fixed a cute cake which I was proud to show up with! And it was quite tasty. I will never order a cake from Harlow's again. But...the donuts are very good.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Jena, Louisiana, United States
“Best all around bakery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

They do it all. Wedding cakes to donuts to lunch and soft drinks. Everyone knows about their donuts and king cakes during Mardi Gras. They have a nice selection on hand, but go early if you're after something special. Call ahead so they will hold your order.

• Visited April 2014
New Orleans, LA
“Best homemade donuts and cakes around.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Very fresh, very good, very homemade donuts, cakes, cupcakes etc. by LC college, the best little place to go.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“No health food here-just great donuts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

My grandchildren love to go here after a junior runners race(from healthy to not). Small place, lines seem long but move quickly. Good coffee, good food.
A local "spot" that has been in same location forever.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Alexandria, Louisiana
“My Sunday Morning Fix”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Every Sunday morning, my family and I have Harlow's donuts. I love the cinnamon twists and apple fritters. The biscuits and kolaches are good too. One suggestion.. go early, once they start getting old and cold, it doesn't taste the same.

• Visited August 2013