“Room was dusty and pillow has a musky odor. Disappointed.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge/Port Allen
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Port Allen
Deridder
“Room was dusty and pillow has a musky odor. Disappointed.”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Why do I always have to ask for a fourth towel when my reservations specify four people? Holiday Inn has to get a better handle on this. It is always frustrating when we arrive and at the most inconvenient time realize we don't have enough towels. And a dusty room was very disappointing. Have someone check the rooms if there hasn't been a recent stay.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Houston, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Room amenities were excellent and room was clean. Staff were helpful and friendly. Pool was small with no direct walk way from hotel lobby. Breakfast was good, however attendant not particularly attentive!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This hotel had the best breakfast I have EVER experienced at any hotel. (I was at Ritz Carlton last week). A first rate clean and modern facility. The only negative is that I booked the room on their military rate; but when I arrived I was told that because I am retired military the rate was slightly more. I checked the website and there was nothing about that so I brought I to their attention and they gave me the posted military rate, blaming it on Hilton corporate. It would be good to hear from Hilton what their policy really is. I have never experience this at any other chain hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stopped here on the way from GA to TX. We had made reservations for 2 rooms but my parents requested a 3rd when we arrived. They gave them a great room only a few doors down from ours and even reserved the same for them for our return trip. Breakfast is obviously frozen, powdered, packaged but that is pretty expected fare from what I saw of the 4 hotels we stayed at. Pool was nice, small & private. No restaurants within walking distance except a Burger King that (at least when we ate there) was very dirty and unkept. Seemed to mostly cater to industrial workers. Overall we were pleased though and would stay again and recommend as a good halfway point for such a trip.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 August 2013

What a pleasure it is to be back. I walk in after being gone over a year and Myesha greats me like we have never been gone. Two years ago we stayed here and Myesha was at the front desk. She treats us as if we were family. Then the Assistant manager, Rosemary comes from the back and I get the same response. Nikki is in the breakfast area, greets you with a smile and a hug. Dennis, the general manager saw me and talked with me as if I never left and wanted to be sure we are taken care of.
Now for housekeeping. Deundra and Maria, I have not seen before but they truly care about taking care of us. They take ownership of the motel. They take pride in what they do. Our suite was clean, smelled good and well taken care of. They were so accommodating. So when you stay here be kind to housekeeping, they work hard and do a lot to keep our rooms ready for us to visit.
I had the opportunity to meet the owner. He took the time to talk to me and made me feel comfortable.
I guess after all this what I am trying to say whether on business or pleasure this is the place to stay. If you want cleanliness, good breakfast, personality and people that take pride in taking care of you, come on and check into the Hampton here.
Thank you to Hampton in Port Allen for being you.

Room Tip: We have only stayed in suites and they are wonderful.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Broussard, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The hotel staff was very courteous and check-in/check-out was quick and easy. The hotel was very clean, the lobby and common areas were well kept and comfortable. The room was spacious and comfortable as well. The pool was area was nice, pool was clean, water temp was perfect to relax in the evening. Overall, a great experience. I will stay here for my next trip to the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 August 2013

When I first arrived the front desk clerk was busy flirting with hotel guests instead of checking me in. Once I received my room key I went to my room. The hallway to my room was loud from other guests and smelled of marijuana. Got to my room and the key did not work. I left briefcase, 2 pieces of luggage and work material next to my door. Went down stairs to get another key. That key did not work either, I called down from my cell to front desk. Took clerk 25 minutes to come up with another key. That key did not work. The lock had malfunctioned. She had to open the door with master key. I could not leave my room unless I left my door propped open. The clerk said she would not be able to come up and let me in everytime I left my room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

#6 of 11 in Port Allen
Best Western Magnolia Manor
Best Western Magnolia Manor
#2 of 11 in Port Allen
Hampton Inn Baton Rouge I-10 & College Dr.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge/Port Allen? Share your experiences!